add a new application to the list v2019

Earlier today successfully installed Bitdefender 2019 on my laptop from the family pack. After the install I ran the scan and everything looked OK. I just downloaded a PC application from Acronis that will display the Acronis logs. When I execute the application Bitdefender pops up the "Safe Files" window, I clicked "Add a new application to the list" I expected the application to be added to the Bitdefender Safe Files list (or whatever Bitdefender calls it) but it popped up with a window and I'm expected to find the darn list (see the attached image). This results is not what I would call user-friendly. I looked in the UG and found nothing helpful (user-friendly???). GEE-WIZ!!!

add a new application to the list v2019.png

Comments

• Not sure this is as easy as you'd like but to clarify it's not asking you to "find the list", but rather to identify the trusted application which you're allowing to modify your Documents data. So I think you'd expand the appropriate folder to find the new Acronis program and add it to the list.

• jgt1942
    jgt1942 ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Gee wiz, I sure misread that. You were correct, I drilled down to where the EXE file was and added it to the list by selecting it. Now it runs without issue.

Thanks for the help.

• Awesome, glad that I was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.