Automatic Profiles Do Not Work

As stated on title, automatic profiles have not worked with the 2019 since it was released. Can you please this as soon as possible?

Tagged:

Comments

• Follow

• On 8/26/2018 at 5:25 AM, jktorres30 said:

As stated on title, automatic profiles have not worked with the 2019 since it was released. Can you please this as soon as possible?

Can you give me a few more details on the exact behavior you have noticed?

• automatic profiles just hasn't work with the 2019 version of bitdefender total security 2019, for example it doesn't show that it goes into any profile while playing a game or playing a video or anything like that, it will do updates while in game as well, the 2018 version never updated while I was in game or anything like that. I have installed and uninstalled BTS 2019 a couple of times but that doesn't solve the issue either.

• Hi,

Can you try adding the applications (games, video player, etc) manually to the list of apps for which the profile should be enabled?

- open Bitdefender

- go to Settings > Profiles

- click on Configure for Game/Movie/Work profiles and add the apps manually to Games/Players/Applications list.

Thank you.

• Yes that worked doing it that way for now. But what I was looking for is to see if you guys would look into the issue, because in the 2018 version this feature worked great, I didn't have to go in have to enter each game or application for it to work, in 2018 version all you had to do was turn automatic profiles on and it would automatically work on its own without me having to enter each item manually, that is the intended use is it not?

• Ok Bitdefender. It is time to send this to the Developers, as this does not work for me as well! Setting automatic profiles does absolutely NOTHING! Even running a game in full screen does nothing to cause Profiles to work! FIX THIS!!

• 7 hours ago, spiritorb said:

Ok Bitdefender. It is time to send this to the Developers, as this does not work for me as well! Setting automatic profiles does absolutely NOTHING! Even running a game in full screen does nothing to cause Profiles to work! FIX THIS!!

On 8/29/2018 at 4:08 AM, jktorres30 said:

Yes that worked doing it that way for now. But what I was looking for is to see if you guys would look into the issue, because in the 2018 version this feature worked great, I didn't have to go in have to enter each game or application for it to work, in 2018 version all you had to do was turn automatic profiles on and it would automatically work on its own without me having to enter each item manually, that is the intended use is it not?

Can you provide me with a few examples of apps that you've used and expected the profiles to be enabled automatically? Just to make sure the profiles should be enabled for those apps. 

• Well the couple of games I've been playing most for example is Guild Wars 2, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Killing Floor 2, Alan Wake, Warhammer 40,000 and a few others. The point being made is that it doesn't work with ANY games or while any other profiles should be turning on like while playing a movie for example. Like I have told you before on the 2018 it never had an issue detecting any games or while playing a movie on like chrome for example, it would always go on the profile it needed to go on, you would be able to hover over to the bitdefender icon and it would say "Game Profile On" or "Movie Profile On", which it never says with the 2019 version, and it will do things on the background like updating or it's normal background stuff, the 2018 version didn't do that. I did do what you suggested for this 2019 version and added the game on the game list and it went on the game profile when I started the game. But what I'm trying to get you guys to work on is getting this version to work the same as the 2018 which it would detect everything automatically, I know it may take you guys some time to get going, was simply letting you guys know that it doesn't work as intended at the moment, thank you for your replies and for looking into this.

• Hello,  

Thank you, we've been able to reproduce the issue and we've sent it to our development team for investigation.

• Hi, 

To address this issue we would need the following information:

- App/game name

- main exe name 

- path where it runs from (if possible)

- profile that should have been activated (optional)

You can either reply to this topic, or open a ticket at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.