How can i make bitdefender 2019 popup a message when it blocks something

Hey,

Is there a way to let bitdefender 2019 popup a message when it blocks something from any module ? Currently it doesn't say anything and i always have to find out afterwards manually by going to the notifications tab. I like to get notified immediatly when this happens ...

Comments

• /index.php?/profile/214338-bill_k/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="214338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/214338-bill_k/" rel="">@Bill_k i'm sorry but i don't see any "configure status alerts" option in the advanced section of settings ...

image.thumb.png.26160339ac95e35f459b79f263a74e00.png

• Sorry but I don't currently have BD 2019 installed on my system, but it appears as if the Support Center documentation needs to be updated for 2019 versions.

• On 8/31/2018 at 1:17 PM, joyrider3774 said:

Hey,

Is there a way to let bitdefender 2019 popup a message when it blocks something from any module ? Currently it doesn't say anything and i always have to find out afterwards manually by going to the notifications tab. I like to get notified immediatly when this happens ...

It should do so by default. 

Can you give me more details on what was blocked and by what module, if you've ever noticed any pop-ups from Bitdefender, what operating system are you using?

• joyrider3774
    edited September 2018

/index.php?/profile/212852-sergiu-c/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="212852" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/212852-sergiu-c/" rel="">@Sergiu C. sorry for late reply it was this notification and it happened on a local webserver that was running emoncms on http (not https) i understand the threat. It did not popup this message i only found out half our later trying to diagnose the problem that bitdefender was blocking the login system without any popups.

image.png.87e855fb243e644d87083e425c4531e1.png

i did get other popups like the one from safe files protection when a program (game) tried to write to my documents but the notification above never became visible as a popup / notifcation window with me.

I got windows 10 and bitdefender is not blocked in notifications in windiows 10 settings

• joyrider3774
    edited September 2018

It seems i either don't get / see popups from Online Threat Prevention module or the module itselve does not generate any popups at all but only writes messages to the notification tab. I really like to get popups from online threat prevention module as well. Does the Online Threat Prevention module actually show popups ? Did someone already had one ?

here isanother blocked notifcation message from same module that did not provide a popup notification in my windows 10 so i was unaware of it being blocked

image.thumb.png.62d21481f69af5afc971129aa9216861.png

• Cosmin P.
    Cosmin P. QA Engineer ✭✭✭

12 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

It seems i either don't get / see popups from Online Threat Prevention module or the module itselve does not generate any popups at all but only writes messages to the notification tab. I really like to get popups from online threat prevention module as well. Does the Online Threat Prevention module actually show popups ? Did someone already had one ?

here isanother blocked notifcation message from same module that did not provide a popup notification in my windows 10 so i was unaware of it being blocked

image.thumb.png.62d21481f69af5afc971129aa9216861.png

Hello,

The Online Threat Prevention module displays a pop-up only if the blocked connection was launched from an unknown browser or application (for example, a ****** in Python accessing an URL which hosts malware).

Because your connection is blocked in Google Chrome (which is a known browser), you don't get to see any pop-ups. The reason behind this is that we can replace the content of the page with our content (e.g.: here) and it would be useless to also display a notification.

The problem here is that the site you were trying to access attempted to establish a connection (as mentioned in the notification) to another page, and we blocked the second one. That is why you couldn't see any notification (as shown in the image above) in your browser.

But you have a good point: if the page is not visible, users can't tell whether we blocked something or not (without going into the interface -> notifications). We are working on something to fix this. :)

This discussion has been closed.