Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

can not disconnect my extern hard disk

Options

hello people 

i have a problem , i have bitdefender anti virus 2019 and every time i want to disconect mij extern hard disk the pc tels me there is a program running 

i have instaled a new windows 10 on my pc and instaled the programs one by one back on my pc and the problem came back 

i have the drivers and  devices on disable 

but stil it won't release my hard disk 

can annyone help me with this problem 

i am working on a pc with the latest updates from windows 10 home 

i have a screen shot from the problem . but it is in dutch language so i hope you can read it 

but it read this 

the device is currently in use . close all programs and windows that can possible use the device  and try  again later 

greetz from cowboyspeedy

explorer_2018-09-16_20-28-05.jpg

Comments

• SebastianDI
    edited September 2018
    Options

Do you use any Software like Sandisk SSD Dashboard? If so, close the dashboard by right clicking on the taskbar straight to the icon of this Sandisk Software and click on "close" there. Then try again and see if this helps. Maybe u use a software for your HDD. Thats why i thought so. If i am wrong, hit me. Before i forget: analyze your task manager bar and realize what Software is trying to have access to any unit on your PC. If so, close the Software that tries gaining access to.

Regards,

DI

PS this goes out to Bitdefender: ZOTAC Firestorm is NOT a Virus. I would appreciate to fix this. Thanks in advance. Because not many users know how to unblock programs via the BD panel. Make it easier and do not block so many programs that are really not viruses.

• no i have a extern hard disk from seagate and from western digital . but bioth the hard disk drives won't let go by bitdefender anti virus 

because when i put the new windows on my pc i reinstaled my programs one by one and every time it was released by my pc until i put on bitdefender anti virus the it was blocked

• SebastianDI
    edited September 2018
    Options

Sorry to read that, my friend. Then this is caused by BD. Hope they read this. Usually i have probs when i use SSD Dashboard by Sandisk. Well, so far, deal with the bug and i am sure - they gonna fix that. Soon or later. Meanwhile, gain access to your task manager - realize what happens and try to see what is trying to gain access to your HDD.

Regards,

DI

PPS Dashboard by Sandisk or other proggis like this do this stuff usually. It doesnt matter if its Sandisk or not. Try to see and realize that many things in the background cause suspicious stuff. For example, my USB stick is not from Sandisk - but this software from Sandisk i must close, before i get the USB stick accurately closed by windows, before getting it out off the USB slot.

• i hope so 

i have already contacted them about the problem but who nows perheps sombody here can help me sooner 

• My friend this bug gets solved, i am sure. We have to deal with it. I am unsure if you have to switch to another Antivir proggi or not. So far, i would suggest, that you deal with the bug - if this is really caused by BD - and NOT switch to another antivir product. If all other things go good so far, do not change the antivir product.

Regards,

DI

• i have no intension to change from anti virus . i am verry pleased with the bitdefender 

i found it verry strange that the problem came with the anti virus thats all and i hope that they will find a solution for it 

• SebastianDI
    edited September 2018
    Options

Yes and thats the thing - it will not damage your files. It is a well known bug that even other Software like Sandisk has. Do not be afraid and just wait them to fix the bug.

Regards,

DI

@admin: come on, 20 mins and he got helped by me. I want a beer for free now ;=) (insider thing)

• Same issue, Bitdefender is preventing me from ejecting my USB mass storage device. This is what shows up in the event log :

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\vsserv.exe with process id 1516 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_0411&PID_01D8\00000105490E.

The problem is know since early september : https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/79573-bitdefender-prevents-eject-usb-mass-storage-device/

I just got back to work after my vacation and I need to plug USB disks frequently. If this problem is not corrected quickly, I'll have to move on to a different security software. The current version of BD is unusable.

• SebastianDI
    edited September 2018
    Options

Dude dont tell me its coz of that. I think that u have installed a software that tries to access your stick or HDD. I dont think BD does it. No affront gainst u. Just saying. I always check my PC once a day carefully. And this never happened to my PC. And if so, i found it out rapidly, that it is not BD, but Sandisk Software. What i wanna say: YES happened to my PC but i rapidly found out, that it was the Sandisk Software. ;=) Another example: many go to Core Temp homepage, telling the Temp is not reading out perfectly. But they do not say, which Mobo they use or which Soundcard they have installed. On some motherboards, if you use for example an Asus Xonar Essence 2, the temp on AMD X370 boards the temp sensor gets messed up. But they all blame Core Temp for that bug. It would be nice, if you do a snapshot of your desktop. So i can see.

• You're wrong. The problem is know by the bitdefender team (see my link).

• SebastianDI
    edited September 2018
    Options

send me this link. Then they do not see your problem as relevant. :P

• dont roll eyes and let me check.

• SebastianDI
    edited September 2018
    Options

DUDE this is a well known problem on WINDOWS 10 and SOFTWARE RELATED. IT IS A BUGGGGGGGGGG. EVEN SANDISK HAS THIS PROB.

WHY THE *PIEP* U *PIEP* AT BITDEFENDER??? Wait for the solution, they are not dumb. Ask the problems TO PIEP MICROSOFT! How a designer can produce good software, if the main program like Windows 10 gets new every 6 months completely? *Fall creators update,anniversary update blah blah* sorry that i am rough on words, but many dont know, how hard it is, to program software without bugs, if the platform is not stable.

• i am sorry for you SebastianDi but the topic that he  linked was not with windows 10 but with windows 7 

and all the people have the problem when the instaled bitdefender 2019 

so this is realy a misstake in bitdefender not windows 

i think i am going back to 2018 so i have no longer that problem 

• Hi,

This is a known issue and it is currently under investigation by our development team.

I'll be locking this thread so please use the link below instead in the future:

/index.php?/topic/79573-bitdefender-prevents-eject-usb-mass-storage-device/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 339px; max-width: 502px;">

This discussion has been closed.