How to Revert to Prior Version before 2019

I would like to know how to revert to the prior version of BD before 2019.  There are too many bugs to continue to use this version.  I am unable to print to my network printer since installing BD 2019.  It works fine if I uninstall BD 2019.  It is a Canon MB2720 and I've tried turning off the BD firewall, no help. Other family members are also having issues.  Need to go back to previous version until this is resolved.

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Hi...As far as I know,  BD does not provide a 2018 installer. You will be able to find one, provided by a 3rd party, on the internet. However, there will always be a slight risk factor when installing this 3rd party software. Why not send support an email at   bitsy@bitdefender.com   and see if they can help you with your issues.

• BitDefender does not permit downgrades. I clean uninstalled 2019 and reinstalled 2018. After a few minutes, the program automatically upgraded again to 2019.

• It is a shame that we can't use 2018 until such time as they work out all the 2019 issues.  I've never had trouble with a bitdefender product before and I'm getting the same issues on all foru of my family laptops.  If we remove BD 2019, the issues are resolved.  I've reached out to customer service multiple times and am told the issues will be elevated.  Then, I never hear from them.  None of the issues occur with the trial version of Norton antivirus.

• Just clean uninstall BD 2019 and then install BD 2018 from offline installer. Just be sure to close the offline installer before it starts downloading. After BD agent is install it will install files from offline installer.

• On 9/17/2018 at 10:04 PM, Pushkar112 said:

Just clean uninstall BD 2019 and then install BD 2018 from offline installer. Just be sure to close the offline installer before it starts downloading. After BD agent is install it will install files from offline installer.

According to the Bitdefender staff I consulted, this won't work - Bitdefender will still automatically re-upgrade to 2019 as soon as you re-boot, if you are connected to the internet, and you cannot prevent it from doing so. I, too, preferred the 2018 version of Bitdefender to the 2019 version (at least as it stands), but I was told there is no way to keep the 2018 version and prevent auto-update to the 2019 version.

This discussion has been closed.