Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender lags my computer every time it updates.

Options

This is getting to be a huge and annoying problem.  Every single time an update for BitDefender comes in, and automatically installs, vsserv.exe suddenly massively shoots up in memory usage and stays that way, lags the heck out of my computer, almost like it gets stuck in some type of memory use hole, and it makes using my computer miserable.  The only way that I've found to combat this has been to reboot the computer after the update goes in, and things go back to normal.  The only other security program that I have on this computer is Malwarebytes.  Windows Defender is disabled.  I am running Windows Firewall and BitDefender is enabled through it.

I don't know what's causing this but if anyone could help me stop this annoyance it would be appreciated.

I'm running a Windows 7 PC, Intel cor i7 2600K processor.  3,40  3,40 GHz.

Thanks.

Comments

• This is getting to be a huge and annoying problem.  Every single time an update for BitDefender comes in, and automatically installs, vsserv.exe suddenly massively shoots up in memory usage and stays that way, lags the heck out of my computer, almost like it gets stuck in some type of memory use hole, and it makes using my computer miserable.  The only way that I've found to combat this has been to reboot the computer after the update goes in, and things go back to normal.  The only other security program that I have on this computer is Malwarebytes.  Windows Defender is disabled.  I am running Windows Firewall and BitDefender is enabled through it Custom essay writing service is one of the most pure and benefits activity for such a person who could not create a suitable content. Where they can provide easy and soon essay within 2 days.   Custom essay writing service is a better service where writers can provide easy and suitable way for writing .it may make the life of essay writing very easy because some students are there those who have less effort and less ideas about the working skill of writing

• SteveS
    Options

Hi Blacklight, just thought I'd let you know I'm also running Malwarebytes (Premium Trial) with Bitdefender 2019 (Build: 23.0.11.48). I have made all the Malwarebytes folders/programs safe files in Bitdefenders settings but haven't changed anything in Malwarebytes settings. Both seem to be working together ok so far.

I've noticed Bitdefender can be resource "heavy" sometimes when observing performance etc in Task Manager. It used to impact on my system badly until I found out my HDD was fatally damaged & just couldn't handle the extra load BD placed on it. I replaced it with a SSD and now it seems to manage quite well. When I did this, my computer repair guy did mention that Bitdefender was resource heavy & recommended using Malwarebytes instead with Windows Defender on. I still have a couple of months left on subscription so waiting to see how it goes before deciding what to do in regards to renewing subscription. I'll be interested to see if one picks up something that the other misses & vise versa but so far my system is clean according to both so haven't been able to compare yet.

I use 3D modeling/rendering software for work plus like a bit of War Thunder gaming etc, which gives my system a pretty good work out most days & it seems to handle it ok with new SSD. I'm on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.4GHz, 8 GB installed memory, x64 system with a Nvidia 930M GPU.

Not sure if this is much help mate, but just thought I'd give you some feedback on my situation and nice to touch base with someone running similar security software setup.

Cheers.