Help needed to downgrade from 2019 to 2018

I am facing serious problems with usb external drives and performance since my total security 2018 was automatically

updated to 2019. Some people have posted workarounds like restarting services etc. But they did not work for me and

I don't want to complicate my life as I have work to do. So can you please kindly guide me on how to downgrade to 2018

version until there is a fix for the 2019 version. Also if possible please tell me how I can make sure that 2018 will not again

update to 2019 without my knowledge.

Comments

• Hello Vampgirl,

You should find what you are looking for here :

/index.php?/topic/79615-hdd-externes-sur-port-usb-bloqu%C3%A9s-par-bitdefender-remont%C3%A9/&page=5&do=embed" style="height:340px;max-width:502px;">

Dan

• Thank you very much. I was able to downgrade and my problem is solved! :)

I only hope that it will not upgrade it to 2019 again! for Now I have set it to ask me.

So this is the message I get:

Untitled.jpg

• you were able to downgrade.  Unfortunately for most if not all of us our activation codes will only work for 2019 versions and invalid for 2018.  I so wish I could go back!  Best of luck to you!  I hope it stays at 2018 for you!

• 47 minutes ago, Jay-Z said:

you were able to downgrade.  Unfortunately for most if not all of us our activation codes will only work for 2019 versions and invalid for 2018.  I so wish I could go back!  Best of luck to you!  I hope it stays at 2018 for you!

I think (HOPE) that they will have fixed this in a month!

So everyone can just install 2018 and use it as trial for 30 days until the fix is out.

• I might have misspoke earlier when I said most if not all.  I just realized that I didn't select the RENEW option when I purchased my license this year.  The RENEW option was full price and going in new had a 50% or so discount so I went that way.  That's probably why I can't revert back.  Honestly, I don't have forever to wait.  My external and SD drives are already getting damaged due to this buggy version.  I think I'm just going to uninstall it and grab a trial of another company and hope it gets fixed before the trial ends.

• It seems that bitdefender has stopped forcing the 2019 update!

it is no longer proposing it to me and this is excellent news :)

After 2 days I'm still on 2018 and all working normal again.

Untitled.jpg

• Please pardon my ignorance but it's my first time here. I also need to downgrade to 2018   since 2019 I cannont safely remove external disc drives.

I clicked on the link from Dan57150  but it's all in French.

Can someone suggest where I can get instructions in english or have i missed a link somewhere.

Help would be greatly appreciated because i am self employed and losing a bucketload of time trying to fix this problem.

Regards

O

• Hi Orlando

Build 23.0.11.48 has solved this problem ...

Capture.JPG.a0ebd0e5937efc6a4027d1c212b34ce9.JPG

You have to "force" the update

You choose  "uninstall Bitdefender"  

You will be asked if you want to reinstall.

Click yes and let things go

Capture.JPG.9ed84795431e61602ee785909e2cede6.JPG

• thank you for responding. I will try that later this morning.

Regards

Orlando

• 17 hours ago, DAN57150 said:

Build 23.0.11.48 has solved this problem ...

hi and sorry to add to my last comment but i noted later that you had the above quote   about build 23.0.11.48 having solved this problem....

My bitdefender 2019 is still build  23.0.10.31     I have just performed an update  and it still reads this same build version.

Am I missing something here?    (before I do the re-instal)

Regards

O

• Do the reinstall and you will update the product.

You have only updated the signatures.

• Hi DAN57150

I did the reinstall as suggested and the relevant build version does in fact appear.

All my devices, USB AND external hard drives now unload perfectly

THanks very  much for responding to my query.

Regards

A very happy Orlando

• and just in addition to that.  I did not downgrade to 2018.     the 2019 version now works perfectly fine

• Don't mention it.

We are here to help each other.

Dan

This discussion has been closed.