W10 + FIreFox & 'Your connection is not secure'

Have had BDTS 2019 running fine for some months, shut down my PC last night as normal and started up again this morning. Opened FireFox and found most of my sites, but no all, returned the following message:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of retail.xxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

Learn more…

The same applies to MS Edge. I did some searches and found some suggestions but these either referred to past versions of BD or involved changing some settings in .msc that some reported did not work anyway.

I then used my brothers laptop with BDTS 2018 installed (Must remember to update it) and that had no problems accessing any of the same sites, we are using the same internet connections.

I have checked all the FF setting match between the two machines and both running the newest versions 63.0.1

I have no idea where to start looking for the problem, any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

Hi

To address this issue please follow these steps:

- press Windows start button and type certmgr.msc, then press Enter

- select Trusted Root Certificates > Certificates

- right click on Certificates and choose All Tasks > Import

- press Next > then Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache\fake-ca.crt > press Next again

- click Automatically select the certificate store > Next > Finish

Check if websites load correctly while Encrypted Web Scan is enabled. 

Tried the above but it made no difference.

Banks No, Except M&S for some reason! Ebay Yes, Bitdefender via bookmark yes, Amazon Yes, BT reports cookies disabled but are ticked as accepted in FF.

• I have the same issue and even an uninstall/install didn't fix anything

• trapper
    trapper ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

I did get my PC sorted about 5 minutes ago with this fix, see post #2:

/index.php?/topic/79753-bitdefender-2019-stopping-all-https-secure-sites-access/&tab=comments&do=embed&comment=285352&embedComment=285352&embedDo=findComment#comment-285352" style="height:265px;max-width:502px;">

Hope it works for you!!

• /index.php?/profile/215279-marstrax/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="215279" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/215279-marstrax/" rel="">@marstrax , 

I've replied in this thread to your post:

/index.php?/topic/79941-encrypted-webscan-is-blocking-content-on-good-site/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 219px; max-width: 502px;">

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.