Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Configure Bitdefender for Custom RDP Port

Hi there!

I'm trying to add a firewall rule that will allow an external RDP connection with a different RDP port than the Windows default (3389). I connect to my PC through the port 3390 (all network/router settings are correctly). The only way how Bitdefender allows a connection through my custom port (3390) is when i change the setting "Default application behavior" to "Allow" in stead of the default which is "Automatic". But this is of course not preferable because than all applications will be allowed a connection. 

I found this "How-to" but that didn't work out: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2128/

What i tried doing is adding mstsc.exe as a rule:

image.png.9e3b320dcad11a14fc935f451be43e1c.png

Even if i don't fill in any ports or IP addresses, Bitdefender still does not allow the connection.

Other things i tried that don't work:

• Disabling Stealth Mode

• Setting Network Adapters to "Home/Office", "Dynamic",  or "Public"

• Disabling the entire "Firewall" module

Comments

• Sooo, no solution for this? 

• Hi, 

Have you tried creating a rule that:

- applies for all apps

- under Protocol type RDP , this will allow you to have the rule only apply for this protocol. 

- in the Advanced tab, add the port number under Custom Remote Address 

- save the rule. 

• Still doesn't work :(. To check if it really is BitDefender, again i switched "Default Application Behavior" to "Allow", and then the RDP connection is available. 

image.png.50aa972228875f2108828b7e65cb282e.png

• Okey i got it to work (Finally). Apparently the app that i needed to give access was svchost.exe and not mstsc.exe (i found out by going in to the Recourse Monitor and looking at which program was using the 3390 port when i switched "Default Application Behavior" to "Allow".

Also, regarding to the solution Sergiu suggested. What needed to change there was: protocol to "TCP" (or Any) instead of RDP and instead of adding the 3390 port to Remote Address it should be at Local Address. Below the final settings that work and limit the "opening of my security".

image.png.aa5aaa88489eb2af9c50c3458fdc0e78.pngimage.png.32f378dab27852edd5a55c54f348793e.png

• Thanks for this post.

Bangla sms jokes.