Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2019 Stopping All "https" Secure Sites Access

The latest version 2019 is stopping all my browsers to connect with https secure sites. For non secure sites, there is no issues at all. 

As a result, I have to uninstall the latest version at the advice of my technical adviser. 

Anyone has the same issues? Appreciate solution to overcome this small glitch.

Thank you.

Regards

Richard Cheah

Comments

• Hello, 

The issue is most likely caused by the Encrypted Web Scan feature under Protection > Online Threat Prevention.

For Firefox please try the following steps:

- open Firefox

- press on the menu button in the upper right that looks like three bars one under another

- go to Options

- go to Privacy & Security

- press on View certificates

- go to Authorities

- delete any Bitdefender entries in the list

- press on Import

- navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache

- select fake-ca.crt and press on Open

- check all the boxes you are prompted with

- press on next until the certificate is installed

- in the same certificate window, click on the Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender certificate, then on Edit Trust

- check the box "This certificate can identify web sites"

Restart Firefox . A restart of the computer may also be required.

If the issue is in other browsers try these steps instead:

- press Windows start button and type certmgr.msc, then press Enter

- select Trusted Root Certificates > Certificates 

- right click on Certificates and choose All Tasks > Import 

- press Next > then Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache\fake-ca.crt > press Next again

- click Automatically select the certificate store > Next > Finish

Check if websites load correctly.

• Hi Sergiu C.

Problem solved.

I have uninstalled my other Malware anti software. Re-installed by Bitdefender 2019. All is working well.

Thanks.

Regards

Richard Cheah

• On 9/24/2018 at 3:12 PM, Sergiu C. said:

Hello, 

The issue is most likely caused by the Encrypted Web Scan feature under Protection > Online Threat Prevention.

- open Firefox

- press on the menu button in the upper right that looks like three bars one under another

- go to Options

- go to Authorities

- press on Import

- in the same certificate window, click on the Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender certificate, then on Edit Trust

- press Next > then Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache\fake-ca.crt > press Next again

I have this issue as well but only on one machine, so far, with any browser I put on it. The issue survives instillation of both browsers and BD2019 itself. What caused this and how can I prevent it from happening again? Also I'd like to know if this fix of yours is a bandaid hotfix of sorts or something more permanent. Has the root cause been identified? Will a fix be implemented?

• The steps of adding fake-ca.crt  to the certificate manager did not work. Browsers Edge, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox are all rejecting https connections. Where is the solution for this? Something this critical should be addressed with top priority. 

• The steps of adding fake-ca.crt does not work on Chrome. What's the solution??

• Hi /index.php?/profile/201988-ma60/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201988" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201988-ma60/" rel="">@ma60,

The previous steps are intended to add our MITM attack prevention certificates into your browser in case they were either inadequately imported or missing entirely and thus causing the behavior you've noticed, they are intended to be a permanent fix.

If the issue is present in other browsers try these steps instead:

- press Next > then Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache\fake-ca.crt > press Next again

• Hi Stefan,

It does not work when I try the above mentioned steps. I use Google Chrome and Edge. 

I still get the error 403.7.

• 1 hour ago, Stefan I. said:

Hi /index.php?/profile/201988-ma60/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201988" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201988-ma60/" rel="">@ma60,

The previous steps are intended to add our MITM attack prevention certificates into your browser in case they were either inadequately imported or missing entirely and thus causing the behavior you've noticed, they are intended to be a permanent fix.

If the issue is present in other browsers try these steps instead:

- press Next > then Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\mitm_cache\fake-ca.crt > press Next again

Hi /index.php?/profile/213807-stefan-i/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213807" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213807-stefan-i/" rel="">@Stefan I.

I followed these steps with no change in behavior: HTTPS remained blocked on all browsers and those browsers that gave reason why indicated Bitdefender to be the cause. Additionally I tried reinstalling Bitdefender TS2019 as well as browsers Chrome, Edge, Opera, and Firefox. I eventually just did a wipe and fresh reinstall of Windows 10. So far this problem has only presented on one of the Windows machines I have under my licence and they have all received the 2019 upgrade. Can you communicate whether or not development team is aware of this problem and if the root cause has been identified and either patched or being worked on currently? Thanks.

• Hi, 

For anyone still having issues, we would need the following logs to further investigate, if you can, please send them to us at bitsy@bitdefender.com

1. Create a new text file and copy the following contents in it:

[bditlsvc]

ndseck=NDSECK_00000000000000000000000000000000

ndca=NDCA_00000000000000000000000000000000

rawdump=1

trace.debug=7

trace.info=7

trace.warning=7

trace.error=7

trace.path=c:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\bditlsvc.log

2. Save the file under the name bditlsvc.ini

3. Restart your device in Safe Mode

4. Copy the file dbg_trace.ini from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\logging to C:\ and the file you created (bditlsvc.ini ) to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

- restart in normal mode

5. Press the Windows start button, type CMD, right click on Command Prompt and choose run as Administrator

6. Type in the following commands and press Enter after each one (your browsers and email clients should be closed when doing this):

cd "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security"

mitm_install_tool_dci.exe /install Bitdefender.Net-Defender

7. Now create a support tool log: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/8919/

8. Delete the files you copied at step 4 in Safe Mode to stop the logging.

9. Send us the support tool log through bitsy@bitdefender.com and please mention this forum thread in your message. 

Also, please let us know if the issue persists after step 6.

Thanks!

• 18 hours ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

For anyone still having issues, we would need the following logs to further investigate, if you can, please send them to us at bitsy@bitdefender.com

1. Create a new text file and copy the following contents in it:

[bditlsvc]

ndseck=NDSECK_00000000000000000000000000000000

ndca=NDCA_00000000000000000000000000000000

rawdump=1

trace.debug=7

trace.info=7

trace.warning=7

trace.error=7

trace.path=c:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\bditlsvc.log

2. Save the file under the name bditlsvc.ini

3. Restart your device in Safe Mode

4. Copy the file dbg_trace.ini from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\logging to C:\ and the file you created (bditlsvc.ini ) to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

- restart in normal mode

5. Press the Windows start button, type CMD, right click on Command Prompt and choose run as Administrator

6. Type in the following commands and press Enter after each one (your browsers and email clients should be closed when doing this):

cd "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security"

mitm_install_tool_dci.exe /install Bitdefender.Net-Defender

7. Now create a support tool log: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/8919/

8. Delete the files you copied at step 4 in Safe Mode to stop the logging.

9. Send us the support tool log through bitsy@bitdefender.com and please mention this forum thread in your message. 

Also, please let us know if the issue persists after step 6.

Thanks!

/index.php?/profile/212852-sergiu-c/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="212852" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/212852-sergiu-c/" rel="">@Sergiu C.

Sorry to say that I cannot help with this because I have already preformed a reinstall of Windows on the machine that had this problem and everything is back to normal. If the problem presents again I'll run those steps and send feedback. In lieu of that I can offer something that might be relevant. Shortly before I noticed the inability to access HTTPS I remember getting a popup box from Bitdefender reading something like "Bitdefender needs to close browser ...something something... protection" or words to this effect. Other than that I cant provide any logs at this time as I wiped and overwrote the entire drive before reinstalling the OS. Thanks.

• hello,

I am having the exact same problem in all browsers except Firefox!  I am actually glad that I'm not alone!  I thought I was infected with a virus!

I sent a support ticket from within bit defender total security 2019 on Wednesday, but I haven't heard anything from them!

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• /index.php?/profile/215094-bassim/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="215094" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/215094-bassim/" rel="">@Bassim

Hi, 

Have you tried the steps from earlier in the thread?

Note: They should be followed with browsers/email clients closed

• I closed all my browsers and my email clients and followed the above steps but unfortunately it did not work! :(

• It still not working. 

• Add me to the list with the problem.  Followed the steps to add the fake cert, still no access.  Many of my local devices with local certs are being blocked.

Temp solution just to access my devices (which is unsafe) for Total Security 2019: >> Protection > Online Threat Prevention > Encrypted web scan = Uncheck.  Then I can access my SSL https 443 sites like before.  After opening the site, I turn on Encrypted web scan "Checked" again for protection.

Read that the devices can be whitelisted by:  >> Protection > Online Threat Prevention > Exceptions = add to list.  This did not work either.  Weirdly, now when trying to access one of the sites in the browser, it is not logged in "Notifications" for being blocked.

Definitely something is not right with BD update within about the last week or so.  I was running fine before.

Please advise...

Thank you!!!

• 6 hours ago, root.is.groot said:

Add me to the list with the problem.  Followed the steps to add the fake cert, still no access.  Many of my local devices with local certs are being blocked.

Temp solution just to access my devices (which is unsafe) for Total Security 2019: >> Protection > Online Threat Prevention > Encrypted web scan = Uncheck.  Then I can access my SSL https 443 sites like before.  After opening the site, I turn on Encrypted web scan "Checked" again for protection.

Read that the devices can be whitelisted by:  >> Protection > Online Threat Prevention > Exceptions = add to list.  This did not work either.  Weirdly, now when trying to access one of the sites in the browser, it is not logged in "Notifications" for being blocked.

Definitely something is not right with BD update within about the last week or so.  I was running fine before.

Please advise...

Thank you!!!

turning off Encrypted web scan fixed it for me, "under -> Online Threat Prevention -> Encrypted web scan", but as you said the exception list is not working as it should

• 7 minutes ago, Vetle said:

turning off Encrypted web scan fixed it for me, "under -> Online Threat Prevention -> Encrypted web scan", but as you said the exception list is not working as it should

looks like it's not possible to white-list IPs

• I

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, Hubert Tammer said:

Hi Stefan,

It does not work when I try the above mentioned steps. I use Google Chrome and Edge. 

I still get the error 403.7.

It now works. I pasted the wrong url in the exeption list. For my case i got 3 pages througout the proces. The third page (on which I got the massage 403.7) was the page to put in the list. 

• Hi, Everybody

I am new to the Forum, and I start with a (for the time being, at least) happy story, albeit

quite tiresome.

A few weeks ago, I started having to manually accept the certificate of a mail client (my

university). I had not noticed any problems with the browsers (I regularly use Firefox).

However, on Nov. 1, having had to resort to another browser, due to a Firefox failure

with some site, I came to the conclusion that all my three other installed browsers (IE,

Edge, and Chrome) were blocking all my most needed secure sites (e.g., home banking,

Google, even certain BitDefender sites..., etc.). Going back to Firefox, that same day it

started blocking the same sites.

Having searched the Forum in more than one thread, I tried some recommendations that

didn't work at all (like importing the fake-ca.crt int he two possible ways). I also tried

the one brought up by some members - disabling the 'Encrypted Web Scan' -, which

solved the blocking of sites and mail, but left an uncomfortable feeling of insecurity and

low aesthetics (with that killer black cross over the BD icon on my taskbar).

How things got right:

1. Following the suggestion by Sergiu C, on Thursday at 12:08 PM, I reinstalled BD

from Control Panel. The mail problem was solved and IE, Edge, and Chrome were

working to perfection. Only Firefox was not responsive to the treatment.

2. I then resorted to another recommendation regarding only Firefox, again from great

Sergiu, on Sept. 24 and appearing in the following 'thread' (I don't know how threads

are identified - couldn't they have a serial number? - but I hope this suffices):

Bitdefender 2019 Stopping All "https" Secure Sites Access

By Mr Richard Cheah, September 24 in GENERAL

In one of the steps, I didn't have to delete any Bitdefender certificates, because there

were none. After importing the relevant file, I restarted the computer and all went well. I

hope other members of the Forum will soon be as happy as I was.

Best regards, with special tanks to Sergiu.

• On 9/24/2018 at 8:12 PM, Sergiu C. said:

Hello, 

- open Firefox

- go to Options

- go to Authorities

- press on Import

what an absolute load of nonsense just to get Firefox working.

I went to Bitdefender uninstaller page... and then reinstalled Kaspersky.

less steps involved.

Bitdefender has been nothing but a mess and disappointment. 

=====

some ideas for Bitdefender

hi

The issue is most likely caused by the program not being made properly ...

follow these steps

1- make your program function properly all the time

Yeah i think thats it

This discussion has been closed.