Firewall greyed out

Hi, The firewall (and other components) are greyed out. Please see screenshot. When I go into firewall settings, I can't click on settings or configure anything. 

I refuse to believe that others are not experiencing this? Bit defender support are dragging their heels on this which isn't a good sign. 

I've tried uninstalling completely, rebooting and reinstalling but with the same results. 

I'm using bit defender internet security 2019

Windows 10 Pro (1803 - 17134.471). 

Any help appreciated. 

Firewall.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

Did an additional install on a Laptop this Sat am

Also Configure Update is also grayed out.

Have IDENTICAL Problems you have.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled Bitdefender.

Chas

• gandu
    edited December 2018

It happens to me when I install BitDefender Internet Security 2019 under a non administrator's account at Windows 10. Maybe ?

I solved It openning BitDefender from Desktop's Icon as administrator (right click at BitDefender's Icon and then click "Run as administrator")

• Hello

Thanks for the suggestion.  Laptop in question is my grandson's and not at my location. 

I'll try this when I get access to his laptop.

Chas

• SebastianDI
    edited December 2018

It is not any affront against u. But how about to reinstall Windows 10 CLEAN and then installing the stuff and drivers and BD? Just a hint.....i know takes time but what can u do else? I would really install all clean again, a fresh system is always preferred in my point of view. Latest drivers, Latest BD n such. Latest drivers from all chipsets can be found here, this is no joke, the latest drivers are always seen here: https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en

• OK

No, I'd never do that.  Had a problem in the past with other software and did a clean Windows install.

It was a nightmare. Too much trouble reinstalling my programs I had installed. 

I'll go back to Kaspersky Internet Security first.

Thanks

Chas

• SebastianDI
    edited December 2018

Holy u dont need to use Kaspersky u mad?! Try my methods, try format all, reinstall all clean, get latest browser, chipset drivers etc.pp! BD is best defense and spares ressources! My advise! Kaspersky really makes the system so slow! Especially on Laptops! Please really try BD still. And Norton is worse.....and i am really critical to BD. I am not a fanboy.

• 23 hours ago, gandu said:

It happens to me when I install BitDefender Internet Security 2019 under a non administrator's account at Windows 10. Maybe ?

I solved It openning BitDefender from Desktop's Icon as administrator (right click at BitDefender's Icon and then click "Run as administrator")

It does appears that this is the issue. Those modules are the ones that require administrator permissions to modify. That's why the other switches are in blue, and those are in grey. Firewall, Advanced Threat Defense and Safe Files are active, but to change their status/settings, you need to run Bitdefender as administrator. 

• OK

Thanks for the response.

I'll try that.

Chas

This discussion has been closed.