Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does My Traffic Light Work?

If I, for a test, google "cracks" there should be quite a few alarms ... but I see none ...

Never saw an alarm since I installed Traffic Light in my Firefox 5, and yet it isn't disabled.

What can I do to make it work?

Comments

• allesok
    edited August 2011

I have now compared it to WOT and Link Extender.

They alarm at quite a few links found in Google that Traffic Light doesn't alarm at all.

Actually, I found extremely few alarms given by Traffic Light!

So it seems to basically work, but be quite useless...

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭

TrafficLight uses our cloud services and Bitdefender malware engines to scan the traffic (if you are using the full product and not the extension).

Our cloud services are somewhat new to the public and thus our databases may not be as large as WOT or others , and this is where HTTP scan comes in to fill in the gaps.

Never the less we are up to date with our databases , so if you are using TrafficLight full and not the extensions you have two layers of protection.

Best regards,

Daniel .

• allesok
    edited August 2011

Thanks,

but I only use the free Traffic Light extension for Firefox. What can I do to make that work better?

• Am I to conclude that Traffic Light isn't "ripe" yet? That it needs further development before it works properly?

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭

The extensions offer less protection from the full product , due to certain limitations as what you can do through the web browser , that's why we recommend using the full version as it is browser independent and you have more protection .

Certain improvements have been taken into consideration for the browser extensions , but an update date isn't yet certain.

Best regards,

Daniel .

• So I conclude that Traffic Light isn't very useful alone, but only if you have the full Bit Defender Antivirus or, resp., Internet Security installed!

So why, then, offer it separately?

• Sorry, but I just cannot agree...

I find McAfee Site Advisor, Link Extend and to some degree WOT much more useful and valuable.

But one has to be careful with WOT since it also wants to censor your surfing and "warn" about things like, e.g., alternative medicine, which is a heavy drawback. But it also does warn about truly dangerous websites, too...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi

Those services also use the feedback generated by users. Our product uses only detection provided by Bitdefender engines.

Thank you.

• My mind is now made up for me, I was thinking of installing Traffic Light but now I'm having second thoughts, can't take on the frustration.

• Hello

TrafficLight has been updated these days and everything should be OK.

Thank you very much.

• It is like when you try searching for keywords like hack. It seems like it is not working at all. Any help would be appreciated.smile2.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Only the infected websites will be blocked, those that contain only words like "crack" or "hack" won't be blocked.

Thank you.

• On 7/23/2011 at 9:00 AM, allesok said:

If I, for a test, google "cracks" there should be quite a few alarms ... but I see none ...

Never saw an alarm since I installed Traffic Light in my Firefox 5, and yet it isn't disabled.

What can I do to make it work?

They alarm at quite a few links found in Google that Traffic Light doesn't alarm at all.