Improve performance on Bitdefender Total Security

Hi everyone,

I have a Bitdefender Total Security, 2018 version and has been using it for a year.

My issue is that some of the  modules, SLOWS DOWN my internet access, or PC in general. Almost all links launch slower, search results are slow, and I thought my Quad Core 4.8GHz PC was not working OK, but it ended up being Bitdefender.

I am a tech user, so don't need some protection from obvious fraudulent sites, phishing, etc... that maybe needed for inexperienced users. I am also pretty careful not to open weird and unknown links, etc..

So, question is, WHICH exact components are MOST CRITICAL to keep active, and which ones hog most resources that could be turned off? 

I have modules under "Anti-Virus, Vulnerability, Firewall, Antispam, Online Threat prevention, Advanced Threat Defense, Safe Files, Ransomware"... Could anyone advise which ones to keep on? and what to disable to gain performance? Here's a cpl of screenshots of some of the options.

bitdefender-online.PNG

bitdefender.PNG

Comments

• BTW, as some may claim my internet might be slow, here's my speed test result.

speedtest.PNG