Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Item was ignored

Hello,

When Bitdefender Free detects and removes a malware, the message is "Item was ignored. Threat name..." and the malware is automatically removed.

If the malware is removed, why the message is "ignored" ???

"Ignored" should be used if something which is whitelisted is being detected and "ignored" because is whitelisted...

ignored.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

Is anyone from Bitdefender in charge with browsing (and answering ) in this forum????  I am pretty sure Florin Talpes would be disappointed ....

• Hello /index.php?/profile/216118-questions/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="216118" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/216118-questions/" rel="">@questions,

This situation is mainly caused when the Advanced Threat Control feature will delete or block the file while the On-Access scan is still in progress.

Please make sure that the antitest.exe file is no longer present on your device.

Thank you!

• 10 hours ago, Andrei M. said:

Hello /index.php?/profile/216118-questions/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="216118" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/216118-questions/" rel="">@questions,

This situation is mainly caused when the Advanced Threat Control feature will delete or block the file while the On-Access scan is still in progress.

Please make sure that the antitest.exe file is no longer present on your device.

Thank you!

antitest.exe is no longer on my PC, however I do not understand what exactly was "ignored" as long as antitest.exe was deleted in fact??

• On 2/22/2019 at 12:26 AM, questions said:

antitest.exe is no longer on my PC, however I do not understand what exactly was "ignored" as long as antitest.exe was deleted in fact??

Hello,

When you did an On Demand scan, Active Threat Control already found antivirus.exe and remove it. By the time the on-demand scan arrived to that item, it was already deleted and for this reason it was ignored.

• 6 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hello,

When you did an On Demand scan, Active Threat Control already found antivirus.exe and remove it. By the time the on-demand scan arrived to that item, it was already deleted and for this reason it was ignored.

Hello Roxana G,

Thank you for bringing some logic into this issue.

"By the time the on-demand scan arrived to that item"... which item??? Active Threat Control already found antivirus.exe and removed it, so there is no "item" to be evaluated by the on-demand scan.

So , what , in fact the on-demand scan is ignoring, as long as the malware was already removed????

• 13 hours ago, questions said:

Hello Roxana G,

Thank you for bringing some logic into this issue.

"By the time the on-demand scan arrived to that item"... which item??? Active Threat Control already found antivirus.exe and removed it, so there is no "item" to be evaluated by the on-demand scan.

So , what , in fact the on-demand scan is ignoring, as long as the malware was already removed????

Hello,

When the on demand scan  should have been scanned the antivirus.exe file, it ignored the file because meanwhile it was already removed by Active Threat Control and there was nothing to scan anymore.