Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall

Options

On my son's machine, I've got the K9 Parental Control software installed. I just installed Bitdefender Free, and I'm getting the following error.

Update failed, error -3

I searched and searched, but couldn't find that error anywhere. I assume that the K9 firewall is blocking it. I added bitdefender.com to be permanently allowed, and that didn't help, so now I need some assistance.

Untitled.png

Comments

• You need to add

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\Updatesrv.exe

to "permanently allowed"

I am not familiar with K9 parental control but I do have a firewall and I have more items allowed from BitDefender free. I have all these:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\Downloader.exe

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent\Productagentservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\Vsserv.exe

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\Updatesrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\Bdredline.exe

• Thanks, but this is an actual firewall, not a utility to block programs from Windows 'internet access'.

It was apparently bitdefender.net that needed to be added. It successfully updated about an hour ago. apparently it only attempts to update once a day.

I've got a new problem now, where Windows action center reports that both the antivirus and anti-malware are turned off, but Bitdefender Free says 'You are Protected'. WTH??

• 21 hours ago, crogonint said:

apparently it only attempts to update once a day.

My Bitdefender free updates every 1-2 hours.

• On 3/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, crogonint said:

Thanks, but this is an actual firewall, not a utility to block programs from Windows 'internet access'.

It was apparently bitdefender.net that needed to be added. It successfully updated about an hour ago. apparently it only attempts to update once a day.

I've got a new problem now, where Windows action center reports that both the antivirus and anti-malware are turned off, but Bitdefender Free says 'You are Protected'. WTH??

I reset my firewall in order to trigger again alerts from BitDefender...

There are at least 25 web addresses to which BitDefender free is connecting during normal operation, is impossible to say which is for definition updates , program updates, cloud scanning or certificate validation.

I would say, we need to get rid of K9 to be absolutely sure that BitDefender works on full potential

• On 3/3/2019 at 11:29 AM, questions said:

I would say, we need to get rid of K9 to be absolutely sure that BitDefender works on full potential

Actually, K9 has a list of everything it blocks and allows. It also has notifications. That problem is already solved. The new problem was the Action Center issue. It appears to have resolved itself, even though I didn't install any Bitdefender Anti-Malware software, so..

I'm not sue if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :/

• On 3/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, crogonint said:

but Bitdefender Free says 'You are Protected'. WTH??

8 hours ago, crogonint said:

even though I didn't install any Bitdefender Anti-Malware software

This is 100% confusing : do you have Bitdefender free on your computer or not? ( I didn't install any Bitdefender Anti-Malware software)