Bitdefender 2019 - Scheduled scans never run

Hi,

Strange issue where any scheduled scan never runs. For some reason if I run a Quick scan (or any other scan) manually, the scans run fine but if I attempt to schedule a scan, they never run. No error messages, nothing, they just never run. I have attempted multiple fixes, I have tried changing it from a timed schedule to run at startup, I have ensured run with low priority is unticked. I have switched off profiles, I have switched off Windows gaming mode, but scheduled Bitdefender scans never ever run.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• elquenunca
    edited November 2018

in my case I just tried it and it works perfectly I programmed it and started to analyze at the scheduled time

• On 11/18/2018 at 1:22 PM, sparkster2301 said:

Hi,

Strange issue where any scheduled scan never runs. For some reason if I run a Quick scan (or any other scan) manually, the scans run fine but if I attempt to schedule a scan, they never run. No error messages, nothing, they just never run. I have attempted multiple fixes, I have tried changing it from a timed schedule to run at startup, I have ensured run with low priority is unticked. I have switched off profiles, I have switched off Windows gaming mode, but scheduled Bitdefender scans never ever run.  Any thoughts?

Hello, 

Have you tried reinstalling Bitdefender? https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13429/

• I have the same problem and I've just upgraded to Bitdefender Internet Security 2019 (from 2018). When I try to set a schedule in the Manage Scans page, the box with the blue tick in it deselects itself after I click OK for my selected scan. Consequently, the scan does not run at the scheduled time. How can I fix this?

• Hello maelstrom,

Please write us at bitsy@bitdefender.com and include a Support Tool log in your email. Please make sure that you enable the option Reproduce the issue when generating the log.

• maelstrom
    edited March 2019

On 3/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, Roxana G said:

Hello maelstrom,

Please write us at bitsy@bitdefender.com and include a Support Tool log in your email. Please make sure that you enable the option Reproduce the issue when generating the log.

Roxana, thanks for responding but because of privacy issues I've had in the past with support tools (not with Bitdefender, I hasten to add) I'm not entirely happy sending the information. I was hoping for a quick fix but I suspect that I will just have to continue to start the scans manually.

• 19 hours ago, maelstrom said:

Roxana, thanks for responding but because of privacy issues I've had in the past with support tools (not with Bitdefender, I hasten to add) I'm not entirely happy sending the information. I was hoping for a quick fix but I suspect that I will just have to continue to start the scans manually.

Hello,

In this case, we recommend you to wait for the next Bitdefender update, as we will have some changes regarding Manage Scans. In case the issue will reproduce after the next build update, please consider to write us at the email provided for at least a remote session to investigate.

• On 3/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, Roxana G said:

Hello,

In this case, we recommend you to wait for the next Bitdefender update, as we will have some changes regarding Manage Scans. In case the issue will reproduce after the next build update, please consider to write us at the email provided for at least a remote session to investigate.

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind.

• Now works perfectly with the latest version of Bitdefender. Thank you.