Bitdefender Free - 100% hard drive usage for several minutes after windows boot up.

my specs:

windows 10 education N x64

intel i3 3110m @2.4ghz

8gb ram DDR3

sata 3 seagate 5200rpm hard drive

everytime i boot my pc Bitdefender security service from Bitdefender free antivirus is doing some extreme hard drive usage for several minutes that makes my system unusable.

I defragged multiple times the hard drive and the antivirus seems to be updated with the latest version/virus deffinitions. I did also a full system scan and not a single threat was found.

Untitled.png

Comments

• Hello /index.php?/profile/216477-fwd/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="216477" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/216477-fwd/" rel="">@FWD,

We will need to further investigate this behavior. If possible please send us an email with a detailed description of the situation at bitsy@bitdefender.com and our technicians will assist you in solving this issue.

• Hi,

For what its worth, 100% disk usage for a few minutes after boot up, is normal.

The main reason for this is that despite Win 10 displaying the desktop quickly because of fast boot, the reality is that in the background it hasn't actually finished booting. It loading process, checking for updates etc. And the more background programs you have running the longer its likely to take. I think Bitdefender also does a quick scan of main system areas on boot up, so this would also add to it.