Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Check green websites not active on firefox

Options

Hello, I would like information on the protection of websites with firefox.

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2019 and up to two months ago, using the firefox browser, I could see the green check mark indicating that the site was secure, without installing any extension. The same happened on the other browsers installed (chrome and edge).

For a couple of weeks, only on firefox, the only way to get the green check next to the search results is to install the TrafficLight extension.

Why? In the Bitdefender panel online threat prevention is active in all its components. Has Bitdefender taken away the direct compatibility of web protection on firefox?

I tried to reinstall the broeser, but not even this way it is reactivated.

Comments

• Math_Matei
    Options

The problem is already known! Developers are working on a fix, I hope so, for over a month.

But everyone was waiting for the solution!

Until then, you can install TraficLight from here, and the green check mark will return

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/trafficlight.html

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• kiasal78
    edited April 2019
    Options

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have already installed TraficLight, waiting for the fix to arrive.

• Math_Matei
    Options

I'm glad I was able to help you!

• Come on, Bitdefender! FIX this! How about keeping users abreast of progress, and when a fix is estimated?? Users are paying for a service they are not receiving. Perhaps some compensation is in order for subscribers having to put up with a defective product!??

• Math_Matei
    edited April 2019
    Options

Firefox is my favorite browser!

My opinion is that the issue for Firefox will not be resolved soon.

Roxana, from Bitdefender, /index.php?/topic/80459-asistenta-la-cautare-nefunctionala-in-firefox-si-google-chrome/&do=findComment&comment=289916" rel="">wrote at the forum section in Romanian that only Chrome is targeted to get a repair within a month. It seems to me a long time of waiting.

Why Firefox is  not a priority?

I apologize for the English language used

• Roxana G
    Options

3 hours ago, Matei M. said:

Firefox is my favorite browser!

My opinion is that the issue for Firefox will not be resolved soon.

Roxana, from Bitdefender, /index.php?/topic/80459-asistenta-la-cautare-nefunctionala-in-firefox-si-google-chrome/&do=findComment&comment=289916" rel="">wrote at the forum section in Romanian that only Chrome is targeted to get a repair within a month. It seems to me a long time of waiting.

Why Firefox is  not a priority?

I apologize for the English language used

Hello Matei M.,

Firefox is also a priority, but we are still working on a solution and as soon as we find a fix, we will it release via an automatic update.

• Math_Matei
    Options

thanks a lot for your answer, Georgia!

• Hoss1310
    Options

A real shame that search advisor still is not working!!!!

I pay a lot of money for a service that you offer but clearly cannot deliver

If it took so much time in my own job to restore something then I would have already received my letter of resignation, maby they should do the same with incapable Bitdefender staff members.

• Math_Matei
    Options

19 hours ago, Hoss1310 said:

A real shame that search advisor still is not working!!!!

I pay a lot of money for a service that you offer but clearly cannot deliver

If it took so much time in my own job to restore something then I would have already received my letter of resignation, maby they should do the same with incapable Bitdefender staff members.

I totally agree

• Jester
    Options

Since a few hours ago, Firefox add-ons have been disabled en masse, after a Mozilla certificate issue, affecting millions of users. Furthermore, no add-on can be re-activated or re-installed...

So, no more Traffic Light add-on, the "temporarily" solution provided, that became permanent after all, since the problem has not been restored yet... for how long? More than 3 months and still no visible solution. And for the time being, no traffic light add-on available, meaning no alert in the browser for sites classified as "unsafe"... Good job fellows...

• So, what's the deal. Bitdefender?? Is this going to be fixed or isn't it?? You are making your customers pay for a product which is clearly defective! Keep users abreast of progress instead of the defining silence! 

• Roxana G
    Options

On 5/11/2019 at 5:56 AM, spiritorb said:

So, what's the deal. Bitdefender?? Is this going to be fixed or isn't it?? You are making your customers pay for a product which is clearly defective! Keep users abreast of progress instead of the defining silence! 

You may address the issue with add-ons in Firefox as described in their article below: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/comment-page-2/

Regarding the results from search advisor on Firefox, we do not have an ETA yet, once we will have one, we will let you know.

• Hoss1310
    Options

Still not resolved, don't make me laugh, the 2020 version is coming in September so please let the 2019 users continue to struggle.

I won't be there anymore for the newer version, thank you very much for the little respect you show for your users

• Roxana G
    Options

On 7/7/2019 at 1:29 PM, Hoss1310 said:

Still not resolved, don't make me laugh, the 2020 version is coming in September so please let the 2019 users continue to struggle.

I won't be there anymore for the newer version, thank you very much for the little respect you show for your users

Hi,

We can see how this situation can be frustrating and we are truly sorry for that. The issue will be addressed in Bitdefender 2020 version.