Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Long Before A Daily Scheduled Scan Should I Turn On My Laptop?

Options

Hi. I'm new here after several months as an Avast user.  To run Avast scans scheduled for 8:28 a.m. daily, and ensure its in-progress popup appeared, I had to turn on my laptop at around 8:05 a.m.  What leeway, if any, is recommended for Bit Defender customized daily scans?  I'm using your Bit Defender 2019, 23.0.22.93 (paid version, thanks to my brother).  My laptop, in case the info would be helpful, is an HP Compaq.  Browser: Chrome.  Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit.  The scan ran perfectly today, for its Day One debut (using my Avast method), but I'm wondering how flexible my laptop switch-on schedule can be.

Thanks.  I know my wake-up and activation times seem too precise, but that's what worked for me, and for my Avast system.

I'll appreciate whatever help is provided (or [friendly] attempts at help, anyway !)

--jjb

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello Janetjb,

The wake time for your Pc might depend on the boot-up time and to make sure that unlock as well the PC. We recommend you to open you Pc with at least 10 minutes before the scheduled scan.

It is recommended as well to set a scheduled scan when you are not using the PC.

Let us know if we can further assist you.

• janet jb
    Options

Roxana:

Thanks for responding to my inquiry.  Your answer is helpful.  However,  just for clarification:  I'm not just waking up my laptop, but turning it on.  In other words, I completely turn off my laptop at night, and turn it on the next a.m.  Would the ten minute timing you cite still apply to my situation?  Just want to be sure. 

Thanks again -- and very much!

--jjb

• Roxana G
    Options

13 hours ago, janetjb said:

Roxana:

Thanks for responding to my inquiry.  Your answer is helpful.  However,  just for clarification:  I'm not just waking up my laptop, but turning it on.  In other words, I completely turn off my laptop at night, and turn it on the next a.m.  Would the ten minute timing you cite still apply to my situation?  Just want to be sure. 

Thanks again -- and very much!

--jjb

Hello,

Yes, the situation applies for tuning On the device as well.

Glad to help! Have a nice day!

• janet jb
    Options

Roxana:

Sorry for the long delay in responding.  I didn't check my email until just now.  Thanks for clarifying my issue for me.  Now I've got it!  

Thanks again for everything.  I appreciate your work.

Happy day, week, etc. to you.

--Janet

• Gina
    Options

Nice question. I found the answers on thread very helpful. Thanks!

• An23
    Options

Using two antivirus softwares at a time isn't good. Isn't it creating conflicts ?

• Hello /index.php?/profile/217711-an23/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="217711" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/217711-an23/" rel="">@An23,

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

Also, for future cases, please make sure that your question is fit for the thread prior to posting it.

Thread Locked

This discussion has been closed.