Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installer causes a BSOD reboot every time

Options

I just replaced the hard drive in my Notebook with a SSD, and added some more memory, then did a fresh install of Windows. Have been able to install everything from system software to productivity software to games, but every time I try to run the installer, it gets most of the way through, then crashes the computer with a blue screen of death, citing an APC Index Mismatch. As I mentioned, I have had no other BSODs except when running the BD installer. Any idea of possible causes? I really want to stay with BitDefender ... it does a quite good job, and is less intense on system resources than any other AV I've tried to use.

Comments

• Computers are weird. I'd expect an install failure, without the proper access, but not a BSOD. Had to right click the installer and click run as administrator, and it worked fine without crashing the system.

• Roxana G
    Options

Hi,

Please send us a Full Dump at the email address bitsy@bitdefender.com and let us know as well if  your OS is up to date and include a Support Tool log as well in your email:

To do that, please follow the steps from our articles:

http://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10126

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1730/

Thank you!

• Um ... sent off the tool file that was created. I am having problems with the memory dump. The system says I don't have permission to access it or to email it.

Stupid computers!

• Stefan I.
    Options

Hi,

Try to copy the file somewhere outside of system reserved areas such as on your desktop, then attach the copy to your email.

• Copying it to an external drive finally got it far enough to allow me to access it, but neither of my mail servers will allow me to send it because even compressed to about a 10th of it's original size, it's too large to mail. (I've got 16GB of memory installed on this system.) The original dump was over a gig. Compressed down, it still comes to something like 180mb, and neither of my email accounts will allow the sending of something that large.

• Roxana G
    Roxana G
    edited July 2019
    Options

On 7/11/2019 at 5:48 PM, Batchman said:

Copying it to an external drive finally got it far enough to allow me to access it, but neither of my mail servers will allow me to send it because even compressed to about a 10th of it's original size, it's too large to mail. (I've got 16GB of memory installed on this system.) The original dump was over a gig. Compressed down, it still comes to something like 180mb, and neither of my email accounts will allow the sending of something that large.

Hi,

You may compress the dump file into an archive and upload the archive on Google Drive or any other transfer website and then send us the download link.

• OK, have uploaded a memory dump to google drive, and emailed the link to the bitsy email address.