Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"threat Scanner Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close."

Options

NEED HELP with BitDefender Internet Security 2008 Report Wizard Pop-up alert.

Beginning early this week, I and other BitDefender Internet Security 2008 users that I know have been experiencing the following BitDefender Report Wizard pop-up alert that generates randomly:

"BitDefender Threat Scanner has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If the problem persists, please contact BitDefender support. A bug report has been created. Please send it to BitDefender for a diagnosis of the problem. Reinitialize BitDefender Threat Scanner."

Does anyone have a fix for this? I submitted this issue to Support several times and haven't heard anything yet.

Thank you kindly,

-BitDef1

Comments

• s4u
    Options

No

I have the same problem here as well. Must have something to do with some update

• i was wondering if the moderators on this board report problems posted on this forum to the technicians on bd? i find it so much more helpful looking for answers here than talking with customer representatives on the bd site.

• and how long till they finally fix this threat scanner glitch? cuz it's a freaking drag having to constantly reboot your computer to temporarily fix the problem.

• I'm getting that error message ("Threat scanner has encountered a problem and needs to close") at least once a day ever since I installed BD 2008 a few weeks ago. Today alone, I got five of those error messages. I have reported every single one of them, but it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I'm a very unhappy customer right now; if things do not improve soon, I will be forced to go with a different product. An internet security tool should make my life easier, but so far BD has done anything but.

• alexcrist
    Options
    i was wondering if the moderators on this board report problems posted on this forum to the technicians on bd? i find it so much more helpful looking for answers here than talking with customer representatives on the bd site.

Yes, we report the problems to TechSupport.

The problem is that we do not wor for BitDefender and we do what we do as volonteers. For this reason, we might not have all details related to these problems, and also it's kinda hard for us to report problems that ourselves do not experience (because we don't have all details about it).

This is only a user forum. We try to help as much as we can. We try to contact TechSupport for you but that doesn't guarantee the results. For real support, I ask you to prsonally contact TechSupport, either by LiveAssistance, either by e-mail.

Cris.

• as i said in another thread i'm getting this same problem every day. mostly just on my vista machine, on my xp pro machine i haven't seen it, or at least not nearly as often. right now it's an everyday thing.

• trident
    edited December 2007
    Options

http://www.bitdefender.com/KB389-en--Askin...assistance.html

i recommend people who are encountering this problem log the information right after it occurs through the program given above and send it in to bitdefender with a statement about what kind of issue you are facing. hopefully they find a solution to this annoying glitch because it's already been 2 weeks. just wondering how many people are experiencing the same problems as well?

• http://www.bitdefender.com/KB389-en--Askin...assistance.html

i recommend people who are encountering this problem log the information right after it occurs through the program given above and send it in to bitdefender with a statement about what kind of issue you are facing. hopefully they find a solution to this annoying glitch because it's already been 2 weeks. just wondering how many people are experiencing the same problems as well?

I have this problem too and I'm running Vista Home.

I took a look at the link above but, doesn't the report wizard send this information to BitDefender for you? "A bug report has been created. Please send it to BitDefender for a diagnosis of the problem."....."This report contains no personal, identifiable information, but it might include files stored on you".

Has anyone heard anymore about this problem?

Best regard,

Glenn Bacon

• I am running Vista Ultimate and I experience the problem when my IPOD is connected and I open MediaMonkey. MediaMonkey freezes then I get the error message that BitDefender Threat Scanner has a problem and must shutdown every session that I use MediaMonkey. Windows error messaging asks if I want to send the information to Microsoft. This is the only instance I get the error. Other than that I have no complaints. I am using the trial version of BitDefender Total Security 2008. So far I like the product and will probably buy it.

• I'm getting that error message ("Threat scanner has encountered a problem and needs to close") at least once a day ever since I installed BD 2008 a few weeks ago. Today alone, I got five of those error messages. I have reported every single one of them, but it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I'm a very unhappy customer right now; if things do not improve soon, I will be forced to go with a different product. An internet security tool should make my life easier, but so far BD has done anything but.

Add many of my customers to the list of complainants: they're receiving the same message several times a day as well. So far it seems related to OE in some way, preventing OE from opening. No definitive pattern yet. Still looking for one. Running a registry checker and rebooting the system allows OE to start working again, but the BD message reoccurs hours later, and OE sometimes won't start. Let's assume for now that M$ is onto it.

• Chesda
    Options
    I am running Vista Ultimate and I experience the problem when my IPOD is connected and I open MediaMonkey. MediaMonkey freezes then I get the error message that BitDefender Threat Scanner has a problem and must shutdown every session that I use MediaMonkey. Windows error messaging asks if I want to send the information to Microsoft. This is the only instance I get the error. Other than that I have no complaints. I am using the trial version of BitDefender Total Security 2008. So far I like the product and will probably buy it.

Yes i have this problem too but i'm running Windows XP SP2, i've sent Bitdefender a System Log about 2 months ago and they've yet to fix it :(

• I do have the same problem. It started like this:

Yesterday I got this system message: "Host Process for windows services stopped working and was closed" (MS Link)

Today I uninstalled BD Internet Sec. 2008 and the error mentioned above stopped.

I downloaded the new BD installer and installed DB 2008 again. At the system check within the installation process BD stopped. I noticed "Bitdefender Threat Scanner Crashed" message followed by "Host Process for windows services stopped working and was closed". So Bitdefender crashes the Host Process.

Vista Ultimate 64 here.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Btw, the error log shows this after host process crashed:

- System 

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2008-06-03T12:33:54.000Z

EventRecordID 2484

Channel Application

Computer Matt-PC

Security

- EventData

svchost.exe_scan
    ntdll.dll
    4791adec
    c0000374
    00000000000a6e97
    4d8
    01c8c5754bd2221b

Fehlerhafte Anwendung svchost.exe_scan, Version 6.0.6001.18000, Zeitstempel 0x47919291, fehlerhaftes Modul ntdll.dll, Version 6.0.6001.18000, Zeitstempel 0x4791adec, Ausnahmecode 0xc0000374, Fehleroffset 0x00000000000a6e97, Prozess-ID 0x4d8, Anwendungsstartzeit 01c8c5754bd2221b.

• Kenny
    Options

Same problem here too

• For some strange reason, when I do a system scan or a deep system scan, the Threat Scanner Hangs up and produces the "Host Process for windows services stopped working and was closed" error everytime at this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Device Central CS3\Required\Performance

(Within this folder are 2 files called TestSmall10.swf and TestSmall20.swf, but these files don't appear on the status window)

Maybe it's just coincidence, but maybe it has to do something with this folder...

• Kenny
    Options

just had an email from tech support, they say this will be solved through an update in a couple of hours

• dgyemen
    Options

Hi,

I have the same problem till now. Last time the restart did not solve the problem, and I had to reinstall BD, and after the new installation the problem has occured again.

Please help.

Best regards,

Aws

• bassman
    Options

Hi people,

Does anybody know if this problem ever got resolved? I get it about twice a day. Windows Vista Business 64 bit here.

Thanks.