Finding the version of Bitdefender and how to save settings

Where can I see what version of Bitdefender I have installed? Maybe I'm just blind but would make sense to have it clearly visible directly somewhere on the Dashboard? It just says Bitdefender Antivirus Plus in the title bar. Looking via the Control Panel, it reports 23.0.16.72 which doesn't say much if that is the 2019 or 2020 version of the software.

Next I wonder how to make a backup of all my settings such as exceptions etc?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Stefan I.
    Stefan I.
    edited July 2019

Hello,

You can find your engine/build version by right-clicking on the Bitdefender icon in the System Tray and pressing on About. The build is displayed below the Product information.

The System Tray is the set of icons in the lower right of the desktop, next to the clock. Not all icons are visible by default, to see all of them press on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up (or a triangle).

tray.png

The 2020 product kit is not yet available through direct updates but you can get it as a fresh install from Central. Settings will be preserved through this process.

• Brilliant, thanks!

And may I suggest the version is included/seen also on the main dashboard and/or in the title bar. Certainly the build won't need to be there but would be helpful being able to determine if you're on 2019 or 2020 with a quick glance.

What about saving your current configuration/settings?

• Hi,

We used to put that in the name bar in previous generations where the upgrade needed to be done manually, but nowadays everything takes place automatically so we considered it a kind of pointless addition.

• Reason for my question is I didn't know what forum to post in when I didn't find the version, 2019 or 2020.

Of course your decision but since the official name of the product seems to always include the year, IMO it would make sense to also use the same name in the title bar.

No big deal. More important is my second question how to save your configuration/settings.

• On 7/23/2019 at 1:56 PM, WebMaximus said:

Reason for my question is I didn't know what forum to post in when I didn't find the version, 2019 or 2020.

Of course your decision but since the official name of the product seems to always include the year, IMO it would make sense to also use the same name in the title bar.

No big deal. More important is my second question how to save your configuration/settings.

Hello,

Regarding your second question. If you reinstall Bitdefender from Control Panel, the following settings will be saved: Firewall settings and rules, Exceptions in Antivirus, Advance Threat Defense, Safe Files.

If you decide to reinstall with the Bitdefender uninstall tool, the Bitdefender settings will not be saved.

• Got it.

So there's no way for me to manually save those settings and keep them safe somewhere?

• 22 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Got it.

So there's no way for me to manually save those settings and keep them safe somewhere?

Hello,

No, there is no possibility to save the settings manually elsewhere.