Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Opinions about Bitdefender Free

Options

Hello,

I appeal to users who have been using this free antivirus for a long time. How are you in terms of protection, effectiveness, lightness and notifications / functionality?

I'm thinking of using it in my PC and honestly I'm torn between this and Kaspersky Free.

Obviously 'a Bitdefender forum, but I'm curious to know your experience, from what I've read on the internet it seems to be very good.;)

Thank you! :)

Nunzio.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• TonyCh
    Options

I have been using the free Bitdefender for the last 6-7 years and I'm happy with it. 

I like the low system usage, it doesn't nag you, install and forget its there, until it detects a threat.  

I have installed it on friends and family's PCs and laptops where other all in one packages had slowed their devices to a crawl. 

Some friends are not to clued up good surfing practices, and their machines were saved by Bitdefender catching all of the threats. 

Over the years I have tried Avira free, Avast free (hated that one) & Kaspersky free (too bloated, probably ok on newer hardware). 

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

On 8/9/2019 at 14:47, TonyCh said:

Ho usato Bitdefender gratis negli ultimi 6-7 anni e ne sono felice. 

Mi piace il basso utilizzo del sistema, non ti tormenta, installa e dimentica che è lì, fino a quando non rileva una minaccia.  

L'ho installato su PC e laptop di amici e familiari in cui altri pacchetti tutto in uno avevano rallentato i loro dispositivi a una scansione. 

Alcuni amici non intuiscono le buone pratiche di navigazione e le loro macchine sono state salvate da Bitdefender catturando tutte le minacce. 

Nel corso degli anni ho provato Avira gratis, Avast gratis (odiavo quello) e Kaspersky gratis (troppo gonfio, probabilmente ok su hardware più recente). 

Thanks for replying.

What frightens me most are the ransoware and the zeroday attacks.

Have they ever happened to you?

If yes, how did Bitdefender Free behave?

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• TonyCh
    Options

Hi Nunzio

They worry me as well.

I always check files I download, if sha hashes are provided.

There are also PGP signatures.

Implbits, HashTab is what I use.  

If I am not sure about the validity of a file I run it through VirusTotal.

If I am being really paranoid, I keep it for a few weeks then run it by VirusTotal, lol.

My browser has uBlock Origin & NoScript, plus other tweaks.

Have you tried Sandboxing your browser with Sandboxie ?

I am currently looking into using a Raspberry Pi as a Firewall, then you can block whole ranges of known bad ip addresses, and have the benefit of a proper configurable firewall.

Look at TPSC on YouTube, he has done some good reviews on Bitdefender.

Regards,

Tony.

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

40 minutes ago, TonyCh said:

Ciao Nunzio

Anche loro mi preoccupano.

Controllo sempre i file scaricati, se vengono forniti hash sha.

Ci sono anche firme PGP.

Implbits, HashTab è quello che uso.  

Se non sono sicuro della validità di un file, lo eseguo tramite VirusTotal.

Se sono veramente paranoico, lo tengo per alcune settimane, quindi lo eseguo da VirusTotal, lol.

Il mio browser ha uBlock Origin & NoScript, oltre ad altre modifiche.

Hai provato Sandboxing il tuo browser con Sandboxie?

Attualmente sto cercando di utilizzare un Raspberry Pi come firewall, quindi è possibile bloccare intere gamme di indirizzi IP non validi noti e avere il vantaggio di un firewall configurabile adeguato.

Guarda TPSC su YouTube, ha fatto alcune buone recensioni su Bitdefender.

Saluti,

Tony.

Honestly, at the moment I'm using the Comodo suite (Comodo Internet Security) with which I feel good and has an excellent firewall and also an excellent sandbox.

I used Bitdefender Free a few years ago and I was happy with it, especially for its engine and behavioral analysis. It also does not have those annoying advertising popups that switch to the premium version. I only regret that I don't have the Italian language (I'm Italian) and a few more options.

In Chrome I use Ad Guard, before I used uBlockOrigin and I don't know between the two which one is the best.

So I was just trying to figure out how Bitdefender Free works since I like it and used it in the past. With Comodo Internet Security I feel good and above all for zero day attacks and ransoware I think it is one of the best free ones especially for its sandbox.

But I think that among the free ones, even Bitdefender Free is one of the best.

On YouTube I follow many reviews both those of TPSC and those of Computer Solution (where Bitdefender Free is very well placed), Juan Diaz, Warbally Community, etc ...

I'll see if I stay with the Comodo products or switch to Bitdefender Free.

Thanks anyway for the info you gave me

Nunzio ·