Free version will NOT install

Hi, 

Since Friday the 6th Sept I have tried to install the free version on two different laptops in two different locations. 

The common elements are Windows 10 Home build 1903 18362.329, one is 32 bit and the other 64 bit. Both are clean installs on new SSDs. 

I have disabled Windows Defender firewall and AV, it makes no difference. Although I must say I don't usually have to do that. 

My internet speed is not restricted, its within 10% of to its advertised speed. 

Its the same error if I use either WiFi or Ethernet. 

There are other PCs at both locations that are still able to retrieve virus definitions from you. 

So is the problem/issue with Windows or your server ?

It would be nice to have an option to download the complete offline installer for the free version. 

Regards, 

Tony

Error.png

Comments

• Same problem here must be the server

IMG_20190908_235158.jpg

• 21 hours ago, aone123 said:

Same problem here must be the server

IMG_20190908_235158.jpg

Hello,

I have sent you an email. We continue our communication via email.

• Same issue on 2 brand new laptops.

• must be something windows have changed in an update. 

• This is not a windows issue, it is on the server side of bitdefender.

• I did ask them if it was the server and got told via twitter, nothing had been reported. So I said look on your forum. I then got told the issue had been fixed..... it wasn't. 

I hope it gets fixed soon as i'd rather not install a different AV solution as I think BD free is really good. 

• Roxana G
    Roxana G
    edited September 2019

Hello,

The issue was, indeed from one of our servers. This has been addressed. Please try again a clean reinstall using the uninstall tool and check if you can install.