Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why no manually check for update for Bitdefender Antivirus Free?

Comments

• ALF0815
    edited July 2019

wait wait wait....you can not manually update your antivir definition files by a click? It only updates auto? I do not use this product, but its interesting. Tell me more.

From when are your antivir definition files? Which time the files got updated auto? I am interested. Use the trial version 90days for Total Security 2019 and tell us if the antivir definition files got up to date. and check some hours later if those files got updated again.

• 16 hours ago, ALF0815 said:

wait wait wait....you can not manually update your antivir definition files by a click? It only updates auto? I do not use this product, but its interesting. Tell me more.

From when are your antivir definition files? Which time the files got updated auto? I am interested. Use the trial version 90days for Total Security 2019 and tell us if the antivir definition files got up to date. and check some hours later if those files got updated again.

Im not looking for trial. Make antivir free, & I will use it.

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭

BD  free checks every hour for signature updates, but i'm not sure if cloud is the same like in paid versions ......

• On 7/4/2019 at 10:17 PM, raya2 said:

Hi,

Antivirus Free it automatically updates every hour. Do you encounter any issues with the updates?

• 6 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hi,

Antivirus Free it automatically updates every hour. Do you encounter any issues with the updates?

No, But it would be good to have manual update too.

• 17 hours ago, raya2 said:

No, But it would be good to have manual update too.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

• On 7/8/2019 at 7:11 AM, Roxana G said:

Hi,

I have had multiple instances in the past where the "Last Update Time" stops updating. That is the timestamp doesn't change for more than an hour. In that case I am not sure if the updates are still happening or if something has gone wrong. Also, is there some place where I can check what the latest version of BD Free is?

• On 10/5/2019 at 7:35 AM, DaffyDuck said:

I have had multiple instances in the past where the "Last Update Time" stops updating. That is the timestamp doesn't change for more than an hour. In that case I am not sure if the updates are still happening or if something has gone wrong. Also, is there some place where I can check what the latest version of BD Free is?

Hello,

The latest build of Bitdefender Free version is 1.0.15.141. If the timestamp did not change, it is possible that there is no update available.

• Yo696
    edited October 2019

I installed Bitdefender free, but it turns out that it does not update the virus list (update failed, error -1004), it must be because I use TinyWall, I tried to put the Bitdefender processes in the exceptions list but it remains the same. I don't want to disable the firewall.I need to know what I have to exclude in the firewall.

• Hello,

Do you use proxy in your Windows? If yes, please follow the steps from the article below to turn off the proxy usage:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-disable-proxy-on-windows-10/02cf6980-2b5c-4ac9-aa25-4a61f26375e9

Let us know how everything went.

• On 10/16/2019 at 12:21 PM, Yo696 said:

I installed Bitdefender free, but it turns out that it does not update the virus list (update failed, error -1004), it must be because I use TinyWall, I tried to put the Bitdefender processes in the exceptions list but it remains the same. I don't want to disable the firewall.I need to know what I have to exclude in the firewall.

What about switching TinyWall in learning mode till Bitdefender will update?

• On 10/17/2019 at 11:50 PM, questions said:

What about switching TinyWall in learning mode till Bitdefender will update?

Hi,

Please check if Bitdefender updates if you disable TinyWall.Let us know the results.

• Automatic updates are better than manual updates in my opinion.

• I have the paid version, of BD 2020, and I am looking for the one-click manual updates of the anti-virus protection. I don't want BD to do it automatically because I am on a limited broadband connection and an update every hour/6 hours/day has locked up my CPU for a long time. I want to choose when it updates. How do I do that?