Widget always requires manual start

Lew 39
edited February 2022 in Utilities

The security widget does not automatically appear on restart. I can manually activate the app without a problem.

Comments

• On 9/7/2019 at 2:39 PM, Lew 39 said:

The security widget does not automatically appear on restart. I can manually activate the app without a problem.

Hello Lew39,

Starting with the build versions 19.x and 20.xbdagent.exe (which holds the Bitdefender desktop widget, Wallet master password, the 'B' system tray icon and "Bitdefender Awake" popup) no longer loads automatically from the Run registry key, but it is set to run as a scheduled task.

In Task Scheduler, Bitdefender  Agent is now scheduled to start with a delay after boot. Therefore, the  "Awake" popup and the system tray icon appear a little bit later, depending on various aspects, such as the system specifications and other tasks running at startup. 

NOTE: This does not jeopardize the security of the Windows systems.

It only delays the load of some Bitdefender graphics for a better response of Windows 10. The anti-malware engines are loaded automatically at boot from vsserv.exe. This is the main process of Bitdefender in charge with the real-time protection.

Thus, even though the interface is not loaded yet,Bitdefender still provides real-time protection against malware even before your Windows account loads completely.

To improve the Bitdefender interface startup time, please check if you have Scan at System Boot active and, if so, disable it. 

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface. 

2. In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Settings. 

3. In the Shield window, click the Show advanced settings accordion menu. A paned window is displayed. 

4. Scroll down on the window to reach the Scan at System Boot option. 

• I am a little late in responding with a thank you

• Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.