Unable to activate Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.21.1109

When I attempt to sign in i get the error in the screenshot, trial time is end and Bitdefender turn off all defend, so that put my PC at risk. Any ideas?

bitdef.jpg

Comments

• Thoughts?
    Thoughts?
    edited February 2020

The GUI looks like quite an old version of Bitdefender Free (I remember that one from around 5 years ago). If you've simply reinstalled this I'd go to the Bitdefender website and download the latest version. I'd suggest uninstalling first, rather than just installing the new version.

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

• Sergey
    edited February 2020

The GUI looks like quite an old version of Bitdefender Free (I remember that one from around 5 years ago). If you've simply reinstalled this I'd go to the Bitdefender website and download the latest version. I'd suggest uninstalling first, rather than just installing the new version.

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

To the last time it was latest updated version with everyday virus base update, and I like it for it speed and quality of work. I dont want and need to install any other version, this version is best for me. My question was - when developers repair it that I may enter to my bitdefender account and unlock virus protection functions, because for this time of this problem my PC at risk of virus attacks.

• Thoughts?
    Thoughts?
    edited February 2020

You may then have to wait and see what Bitdefender's own response is. Obviously just confirm Windows Defender has turned back on.

For what it's worth I've used the version you have and currently use the newest version which is equally as fast and efficient. System scans are exceptionally fast and the compact GUI is simplicity itself.

• 1 minute ago, Thoughts? said:

You may then have to wait and see what Bitdefender's own response is. Obviously just confirm Windows Defender has turned back on.

For what it's worth I've used the version you have and currently use the newest version which is equally as fast and efficient. System scans are exceptionally fast and the compact GUI is simplicity itself.

Thank you for answer, but I dont want to experiments, I am completely satisfied with the stable and fast version that is now installed.

• I understand. As a thought, if you use and are connected to a VPN, it would be worth disconnecting and trying again.

You may find Bitdefender also simply suggest you update your software.

• 1 hour ago, Thoughts? said:

I understand. As a thought, if you use and are connected to a VPN, it would be worth disconnecting and trying again.

You may find Bitdefender also simply suggest you update your software.

I dont use VPN, and this version of Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.21.1109 is latest and up to date.

• bqpd
    bqpd
    edited February 2020

The latest version is 1.0.16.150 released 3 weeks ago.

Your version is a very old version released 4 years ago in July 2016.

I am not sure of your reason not to upgrade to the latest however the latest I am sure is much much effective than a 4 years old version.

• 1 minute ago, bqpd said:

The latest version is 1.0.16.150 released 3 weeks ago.

Your version is a very old version released 4 years in July 2016.

I am not sure of your reason not to upgrade to the latest however the latest I am sure is much much effective than a 4 years old version.

Maybe your version of Bitdefender Free is another edition. Bitdefender product editions is differ by years 2017, 2018, 2019 so on, but all of them receive updates of core versions and virus databases regardless of year of edition.