VPN connects then internet traffic stops

RogerE
RogerE
edited April 2020 in Protection

Internet is all working OK. I connect Bitdefender VPN and everything looks OK and it works for a short period of time (30 secs to 2 mins) before the connection drops. [no internet access].

I then disconnect the VPN and my connection comes back!

I have followed the VPN troubleshooting advice but no luck. Any ideas?

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Greetings Roger,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue, let's see what we can do to help. Can you share a couple more details to help us identify a possible cause? We're interested in what operating system you are using, device type and model. Does this happen for every connection attempt or from time to time? Is there any difference when you connect to different locations ? Also, how are you connecting to the internet, is it over a Wifi, LAN network or a cellular network ( 3G, 4G etc ) ? These details should help us narrow things down.

Thank you,

Florin

• Hi,

All fixed. I traced the problem to an IP address conflict with a network switch device. I changed the IP address of the switch ant it's all been working well since.

• I am having the same issue with one of my PC's. Deleting and re-installing works for 24 hours or so and then VPN is back to blocking all http.

• Dear RogerE,

can you share more details on your soluties please. I have no idea on what you mean and what you did to solve your issue. The same as what I have been experiencing.

Thanks much for your effort. RonD

• using vpn premium, windows 10, as soon as i contect vpn internet connection stops working, tried changing location but nothing works

• Same here,

I've been in contact with the support team for months. I've described the problem through multiple emails and sent them a BDSP file and still they r bloody useless and the problem is still there. Honestly if it doesn't get fixed I'm getting a bloody refund!!!!!!!

• I'm having this problem too after I upgraded to BD Total 2021. Loose my internet connection when I activate VPN on my PC, and get it back when I deactivate. Works perfect with Android phone though.