Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real Time Protection Is Disabled

Hello everybody,

When I put my cursor on the bit defender icon the balloon says: Bit defender services are not responding.

I open up bitdefender and it says that my real time protection (P2P and file access) are disabled. There is a Fix option but when I press it nothing responds. It suppose to come up with a wizard.

I have closed my firewall software still no go.

Any help would be very nice

Thanks in advance.

post-13229-1211578849_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Press Settings and follow the steps from screenshots ! ;)

post-9374-1211622265_thumb.jpg

post-9374-1211622285_thumb.jpg

• Press Settings and follow the steps from screenshots ! ;)

I have the same issue, but I can't click the box to enable real-time protection because it is not available. (See screen shot).

I have all my services running and all the exe's show in the Task Manager.

I've uninstalled using the tool posted on the forums here and re-installed twice with no resolution.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Chuck

post-13342-1211802182_thumb.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

What Windows do you use ?!

XP/Vista ?!

What Service Pack Version ?!

32/64 bits ?!

• What Windows do you use ?!

XP/Vista ?!

What Service Pack Version ?!

32/64 bits ?!

same here xp sp3 (BD IS 2008)

• Similarish problem, except my "real time protection" box is ticked, but I keep getting a pop saying the bit defender threat scanner has stopped working. Nothing is being shown as being scanned in real time....

• Many people are having the same problem. One of the latest updates has messed things up for a lot of us.

• Hello

Try this press the windows button together with r now type services.msc look for the BitDefender Communicator service. Leftclick on it and choose stop. After that choose start.

Please press the windows button together with r now type devmgmt.msc. Go to the view menu,select display hidden devices. Now expand the section non plug and play compatible drivers.

You may not see any yellow exclamtion marks.

Check if you can find:

bdftdif

BDSelfPr

Profos

Trufos

Now double click on each of them. The device should be enabled. Now press on the driver tab and by startup type should be set on system and the current status should be started. And this for bdftdif. By the rest it should be set on on request (demand).

Now expand the network adaptors section you must find BitDefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Miniport. It should be enabled in other words you may not see a red cross or a yellow exclamation mark.

Best regards,

Niels

• I can now scan 2 x 320gig sata hdds in abouit 3 mins with bitdefender. this happens after the bit defender threat scanner has stopped working. Obviously our protection from bitdefender in negligable now. I have now switched to ESET Smart Security for a months free trial. Working like a charm. Then I will switch to any other free one if this problem has not been resolved. This has happened to me twice now. I dont think I will renew my bitdefender licenses which is a shame because before the 2008 version it was great.

thanks for trying to help Niels ;)

• tony_yao
    edited June 2008
    Hello

Hello, I have the same problem with my WinXP home edition SP3.

Try this press the windows button together with r now type services.msc look for the BitDefender Communicator service. Leftclick on it and choose stop. After that choose start.

Please press the windows button together with r now type devmgmt.msc. Go to the view menu,select display hidden devices. Now expand the section non plug and play compatible drivers.

Yes, I followed it

You may not see any yellow exclamtion marks.

No, all of drivers works well, no yellow marks.

Check if you can find:

Still necessary?

bdftdif

BDSelfPr

Profos

Trufos

Now double click on each of them. The device should be enabled. Now press on the driver tab and by startup type should be set on system and the current status should be started. And this for bdftdif. By the rest it should be set on on request (demand).

Ok, they are in correct state.

Now expand the network adaptors section you must find BitDefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Miniport. It should be enabled in other words you may not see a red cross or a yellow exclamation mark.

"BitDefender Firewall NDSIS Filter Miniport" DOES NOT exist! Of course, there isn't the red cross or the yellow mark.

The problem is still not fixed.

Best regards,

Niels

My solution: uninstalling XP SP3. Antivirus 2008 recovers!

• Hello tony_yao,

It's normal that you will not find the BitDefender NDSIS Filter Miniport because in BitDefender Antivirus 2008 there isn't a firewall included.

There where some problems with the BitDefender Threat Scanner that were solved during a normal update so that might have solved your problem. There aren't any imcompatibility issues with the BitDefender 2008 producst and Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello everybody,

When I put my cursor on the bit defender icon the balloon says: Bit defender services are not responding.

I open up bitdefender and it says that my real time protection (P2P and file access) are disabled. There is a Fix option but when I press it nothing responds. It suppose to come up with a wizard.

Thanks in advance.

Same problem. Only changed over from Norton last week on review recommendation and now have this problem. Have contacted online support and sent logs/screenshots and await resolution.

Running XP Pro with SP3 and I have no intention of uninstalling SP3 :)

• Same problem. Only changed over from Norton last week on review recommendation and now have this problem. Have contacted online support and sent logs/screenshots and await resolution.

I also have the same problem. As far as XP3 is concerned I have been running XP3 for some time with no problems until a reboot of may machine two days ago. Looking forward to a quick identification of the problem and a resolution.

Marty

• njordinans@gmail.com
    edited June 2008
    Same problem. Only changed over from Norton last week on review recommendation and now have this problem. Have contacted online support and sent logs/screenshots and await resolution.

OK, so today BD downloaded an update that required me to reboot and the above problem has gone away, that is to say when XP will boot successfully. Every second boot I get a STOP error during windows startup (culprit is bdfltrs.exe or something similar).

This is becoming tiresome. Norton was a resource hog, hence my abandoning after all these years, but at least it worked..............

Later :wacko:

• Hello everybody,

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

I am having the same problem just recently. Bit Defender please offer your customers a solution. I am considering switching to another brand of internet security if this is not resolved quickly. I am sure many others will do the same if this isnt fixed.

Thanks

• Hello everyone,

I am having the same problem just recently. Bit Defender please offer your customers a solution. I am considering switching to another brand of internet security if this is not resolved quickly. I am sure many others will do the same if this isnt fixed.

Thanks

To further compliment my previous post:

Operating System: Windows XP

Antivirus: Bit Defender Internet Suite 8.0

Service Pack: Three of course

Problem: Bit Defender seems to have shut down and can't access the servers anymore. Thus the defence is negligable and I have switched to Zone Alarm until someone offers some resolution and will not renew my subscription until we receive some customer support.

• To further compliment my previous post:

Operating System: Windows XP

Antivirus: Bit Defender Internet Suite 8.0

Service Pack: Three of course

Problem: Bit Defender seems to have shut down and can't access the servers anymore. Thus the defence is negligable and I have switched to Zone Alarm until someone offers some resolution and will not renew my subscription until we receive some customer support.

For anyone wondering how to resolve this issue, I got Bit Defender IS 2008 to work again by uninstalling both bit defender and SP3. After that I reinstalled SP3 and after installing SP3 I installed Bit Defender IS 2008 and it was working completely perfectly. Thanks everyone for taking time to read my posts and sorry about the number of posts in a row I needed to post because im not sure how to modify posts.