USB Ports stopped working after installing Bitdefense on laptop

I need to find out why my USB ports stopped working after installing Bitdefense on my husbands laptop. Can it be fixed?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Sandyofca

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. This looks weird.

Since support on forum is limited, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your concern.

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Could someone please validate my statement. True or false.

Bitdefender protects your system from USB treats, by instantly "lock" them. BD scans USB ports and when anything writable is found, BD soft locks 🛅 the USB device, so its impossible for any software to execute from inside the USB device.

Why? Because this is quickly becoming a trend in how to infects PCs. Via phones.

Bitdefenders "softlocks", only prevents the USB device from writing anything and executing. Once you removed it, and its not a self-destruct malware, your USB stick works like normal.

I THINK, if Bitdefender detects a critical treat in the USB stick, it hardlocks the USB by

• Writing Bitdefenders code on the first boot area. (Overwriting root-kits and hidden boots)
    • Forcing all files to be read only and removing the right execute from inside the device USB, for all users. (Including itself).
    • By making it read only and destroying the infected files, its my educated guess, that your USB device can and should only be formatted. Because it had something that infects whatever PC it gets connected too...

The sources for these new types of treats, are old junk android 6 phones...And the new ones. Unless you got Mays Android security update for 10, 9 , 8 and 7, you are not protected. Iphones? Since their uses rarely put their Iphone in a mac or PC USB slot...they go free this time.

🛅 For me, it was Lenovos mobile phone app that infected my PC!. The main Lenovo app, to backup, administrate and update the phone....

In short: When Bitdefender locks a device connected to your PCs USB slot,....something is up. These guys are awesome at support.

Yeah, USB sticks/RAM are the new carrier of treats....sounds silly right?

Jonah, The Swedish Goth

"-I do not agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death, your right to say it"

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

I will transfer this post to another community member to better help you regarding your case (@Jayakrishnan) & bitdefender support staff (@Alex D.)

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)