How can I get my money back ?

Hi, I love Bitdefender but the fact that is not working on EDGE CHROME is a deal breaker for me, since somehow I felt in love with the Microsoft browser . I did renovate my subscription about 1 week ago so I was wondering if I can cancel and have my money back so I can purchase another security service compatible with edge chrome .

thank you.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@BadenP

May I know exactly what issue you are facing regarding bitdefender compatibility with edge chromium based browser.

Additionally, kindly have a look at the link to know about refund policy: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/7217/

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• BadenP
    BadenP
    edited June 2020

@Flexx

Well, literally nothing works . Not extensions nor anything else. and after testing for days I realized that bitdefender was not protecting me AT ALL while using edge chrome ( works fine with my other browsers)

I had to remove my extensions in order to use other ones like dashlane, ghostery etc , and use windows defender for a little bit until i find out how to use bit defender with edge chrome or u guys give it full support .

• Flexx

Well we know edge chromium follows chrome engine, hence it can use extensions from chrome store also and from microsoft store also. You can click on below links directly and install the extension on your edge chromium.

Extension 1 from bitdefender : trafficlight : blocks malicious website & phishing website : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trafficlight/cfnpidifppmenkapgihekkeednfoenal?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

Extension 2 from bitdefender : anti tracker : blocks tracker from website : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bitdefender-anti-tracker/khndhdhbebhaddchcgnalcjlaekbbeof

Both of these extension work for edge chromium.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• @Flexx

Sorry, I think I did not explain my self properly . They DONT WORK ON EDGE CHROMIUM. Not the extension NOR anything else . Or do I have to do something specific to make them work? ( extensions and security)

• Flexx

Well they are working on my edge chromium though. Have a look at attached image. Are sure you are not able to open link on edge chromium. If you will click on any link, it will show as below :

Can you confirm if you are getting this page, and if so then are you still not able to install the extension. Is there some kind of error you are receiving.

You could also try this - uninstall the edge chromium and then reinstall it. Then try to click on the links and then see if they get installed.

Regards

Flex

• BadenP
    BadenP
    edited June 2020

@Flexx

Bitdefender cant even detect edge chromium . screenshot ... of course i dont have google chrome installed cuz I dont like it ..

And I can;t even see the option for EDGE ( like in the old times) .. I already re- installed bitdefender but still not able to detect edge chromium .

in my testing i was visiting some of those dangerous sites, while using Firefox bitdefender will block the site right away but while using edge chrome bitdefender won't block anything at all .

• Flexx
    edited June 2020

Let me clear down your issues one by one

1) If you will use bitdefender dashboard you will not see chromium edge because currently the browser is not supported by the product. Only internet explorer, firefox, safari & chrome are supported. You will have to wait till the in product support for chromium edge will be available. And as a assumption it will only be available when microsoft will release the chromium edge to all user of windows 10 through window update. As of now it is available as a separate installer which after successful installation replaces the current edge on the windows 10.

2) The direct links I provided were of the extensions made by bitdefender as an alternative to the bitdefender product. The extensions are not related to original bitdefender product, they are off product or you you can say as an temporary solution to protect chromium edge until bitdefender will release stable support for chromium edge.

So you will have to open you chromium edge and in the taskbar type the below to links one by one and install the extension.

Extension 1 from bitdefender : trafficlight : blocks malicious website & phishing website : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trafficlight/cfnpidifppmenkapgihekkeednfoenal?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon

Extension 2 from bitdefender : anti tracker : blocks tracker from website : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bitdefender-anti-tracker/khndhdhbebhaddchcgnalcjlaekbbeof

NOTE : Again I will focus on one thing, if you will use bitdefender product, it will currently not protect your edge chromium since the browser is not yet supported by bitdefender product. And this is where the extension developed by bitdefender can temporary be used to provide you same protection in chromium edge as bitdefender product gives to other browsers.

Kindly confirm if you are able to install extensions on edge chromium.

Regards

Flex

• kk .. so ill be waiting until this works I guess and will have to use Firefox in the midtime. Thank u for your reply though.

• Flexx

@BadenP

Kindly mark the answer as agree/ accepted if you do not have any other issue persisting.

Regards

Flex