Web phishing link - false positive - Bitdefender Free

Hello,

the following link: https://nre.compugroupmedical.it/?nre=160A24264782853&cf=DBBLND74H70F284L&prov=BT&sign=a%2BUZqEyqm%2FxNeWvTPp19QsKAkBapy1TtHGXvFWD8B7

continues to be recognized as phishing by Bitedefender Free even if it is not a phishing web link (Virus Total does not detect it)

I reported it to Bitdefender in their section more than 72 hours ago but it was not added as a false positive.

Can anyone try to verify with a paid version of Bitdefender? It is strange that Virus Total is not recognized by Bitedefender (only suspected by Sophos).

Can you check in?

Thank you.

Nunzio.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

The website is not blocked by bitdefender product & neither by trafficlight extension. Kindly share the screenshot if it is getting blocked by free version.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Sorry but what is the screenshoot for?

The notification at the bottom right appears warning me of a phishing site.

At the moment I no longer have those emails that I have deleted.

the link is contained in the body of an email and when you load the BDF preview it starts working and blocks access to the button and the notification appears.

If the screenshot is really necessary as soon as I receive an email like that again I will do it.

Thanks!

Nunzio.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Flexx
    edited August 2020

As of now, personally checking the link that you have provided is not blocked by bitdefender product (free/ paid) or bitdefender browser extension and that is why it is not being detected on virustotal also.

All version of bitdefender product (free/ paid) use the same detection engine/ database be it for malware or url blocking. So since you have already provided the link in the post and you have bitdefender free installed on your system, kindly surf the website again and check if it is getting blocked, since the free version installed on one of my PC does not blocks it.

Regards

Flex

• Ok. Thanks! 😉

Nunzio.

Nunzio ·

• Hi Flexx,

here is attached the required print screens.

I am waiting for a reply.

Thank you.

Nunzio

Nunzio ·

• I specify that the link is inside the body of the email that I see in Outlook.

Nunzio ·

• Flexx

Hi Memebr,

This seems weird, the website stated in the bitdefender box is neither detected on virustotal, nor detected by traffic light extension and not detected by bitdefender total security.

Also the company has changed it's website from http://compugroupmedical.it/ to https://www.cgm.com/it/index.it.jsp

I guess there might be a need of some additional information. Using online forum to share link with research team will not work. You will have to drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com briefing them about the false detection which is only happening in free edition.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• Email sent.

Thank you.

Nunzio.

Nunzio ·