Bitdefender 2020 not allowing multiplayer in Xbox App games like Grounded and Forza 4

nynjasquirrel
edited August 2020 in Firewall

I just installed Bitdefender 2020, and instantly found that I can no longer connect to multiplayer services for Grounded, and Forza 4. It seems because they're installed into the WindowsApps folder, that Bitdefender isn't detecting an exe etc for them.. and so it ignores them. I cannot manually create rules for them for the same reason. At the moment, the only thing I can do is to create a completely open rule that allows everything through the Firewall, but this is not a good solution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Got the exact same problem.

• I also have this problem: With Flight Simulator 2020

• I did a ticket for flightsimulator 2020 , Bitdefender support doesn't have solution for the moment...

• Same problems here ..............

• I noticed that Bitdefender profiles will not allow you to add Microsoft Flight Sim or any game coming from the Xbox Platform.

Ive been testing out many features of Bitdefender over the last 24 hours and can now say that it is the firewall that just wont allow this to happen.

I have even created exceptions on the firewall to try and force the game to work but no joy.

Turning off the firewall protection entirely does the trick though!

Just be sure to turn on Windows Defender whilst your protection is down or you leave yourself vulnerable!

Works perfectly fine for me after this

• Same problem and I have to admit that this is very frustrating. Might actually have to buy a different antivirus. Please fix.