Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"Suspicious connection blocked" notification keeps interfering with my ability to type on the laptop

Hi,

I appreciate it that suspicious connections are blocked but it's really annoying me about how it interferes with my work when I work in a public area (not all the time, but it happens) :

1) Popup notification appears -- which I cannot get rid of , and it keeps popping up (presumably cos the threat is still there on the public wifi at times, which is ok)

2) The details show that it has something to do with a chrome extension connection to googleapis.com. I googled (the irony) about googleapis and noted that scammers may also use it, so i'm happy to have that blocked.

3) Now - I do a bit of work on my google docs, on the cloud. When the popup keeps showing, it literally prevents me from typing onto google docs. I'd type something, then the popup appears, then my typing just stops. I have to use the mouse to click back to where I was to continue typing a few letters... before the popup appears again and the same thing happens. The interference with my ability to TYPE a coherent sentence on my laptop is annoying.

Is there anyway that it does the blocking or whatever it needs to do without having the popup happening all the time? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

i had same problem,, I solved it by logging into MY LOCAL B.T. HOTSPOT... ignoring " suspicious connections"

When " LOG-IN to VPN" shows up, CLICK it to try to CONNECT to VPN, (( it will show up as ERROR FAIL TO CONNECT ))

IGNORE the VPN FAIL at this moment .....

Now " LOG-IN " to YOUR LOCAL PUBLIC HOTSPOT..

You now should be able to type ALL your words as needed.

Now CLICK CLOSE VPN.. as it FAILED to connect...

ReSTART VPN .......... CLICK CONNECT..... it should now CONNECT your VPN....... ((( mine did )))..

Hope this helps you ..

Texas T1