When is the Italian language in Bitdefender Free? Also increase the reactivity.

Hello,

when will the Italian language be implemented in Bitdefender Free?

Also make it more responsive to malware cleanup ... it takes several seconds or minutes to get rid of a malware that gets blocked.

Thank you.

Nunzio.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Nunzio d'Abbruzzo

Well, you might know as of now bitdefender free is only available in german & english. It's all up to developers whether they will introduce additional language or not.

I also agree that the development team needs to do something in relation to removal of threats and even the scanning speed in the free version. Both scan speed and malware removal seems to be slow when compared with commercial version.

I guess being a free product, development team focuses less on the free version and more on the commercial line of products.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

There are much better alternatives to BD free which is a buggy software (after every update something else is broken, installed on a new notebook and was not able to shut that computer ... so take something else) ... even kaspersky free works much better and lighter compared to BD.

• Thank you for your suggestion. Kaspersky Secutity Cloud Free is actually an excellent Free solution. For now I have switched to Avast Free, which have improved in terms of performance and also added folder protection against ransoware, while kaspersky relies on file behavior and rollback. Do you think between Kaspersky and Avast which is the best in terms of protection?

Thank you.

Nunzio.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• I think its about the same level , but Kaspersky a little better protection wise and less bloated.

• I went back to Bitdefender Free.

Avast Free is a great product, but the annoying pop-ups made me go back to Bitdefender Free.

In my opinion Bitdefender Free has a better or more complete behavioral analysis than that of Kaspersky Cloud Security Free (which only protects against ransoware and cryptlockers).

In this latest version Bitdefender Free seems to be "lighter" on RAM usage.

Nunzio ·

• Flexx

Both bitdefender & kaspersky are better at providing protection from malware. The only difference between them is in the terms of detection database, while bitdefender has large database of signature based detection (created by malware researchers), the kaspersky has large database of cloud based detection.

If you will switch of your internet, the kaspersky will stand nowhere before bitdefender, since turning of internet means no connection to cloud server which makes kaspersky only limited to its signature based detections. The only possible advantage (as per me) where kaspersky may flourish in terms of its signature based detection is limited to android os only.

There was a time when norton had the largest signature based detection database (in early 90's) which was then succeeded by bitdefender. Currently there is no vendor that exceeds the signature based detection of bitdefender.

Additionally, if we take ESET, it is better at detecting new types of malware at first place before any other vendor does (in majority of cases)

So, every vendor counts on protection. One file which may seem malicious to one vendor may not seem malicious to other vendor.

Regards

Flex

• Thanks for this very useful information.

On the other hand, between Kasepersky Security Cloud Free and Bitdefender Free as a behavioral analysis for zero day attacks, what do you tell me?

Nunzio ·

• Flexx

If I go by the result of different av testing companies, bitdefender scores 100% in protection from zero day attacks while kaspersky scores 99% in protection from zero day attacks. The difference is almost negligible. Both products are almost same when it comes to protection from zero days attack, but when it comes to signatures, bitdefender leads and when it comes to cloud protection, kaspersky leads.

Additionally, bitdefender machine learning engine is way too better than kaspersky (known as bitdefender theta, which can be found on virustotal.com in addition to their normal engine)

Regards

Flex