Windows BSOD with BitDefender Antivirus Free

I've been using BitDefender Antivirus Free for the last several months and have been very happy with it. I am running Windows 10 with the 1909 Update and after bitdefender did its update on 4/6/20, when Outlook is opened and BitDefender starts its bugcheck, windows crashes with a Blue Screen of Death FLTMGR_FILE_SYSTEM. I ended up having to use a restore point from 4/1 to get the computer working again and when it downloads the update again, it crashes again. I at first thought it was a Outlook issue and went through a bunch of troubleshooting steps that included reinstalling the app on the computer and it still crashed. When I restored back to the restore point, and once I pulled BitDefender off the computer it stopped crashing when Outlook opened up and all the updates reapplied to the computer. Trying to put BitDefender on again, seems to crash it again. I've resorted to using Windows Defender in the meantime while I did some research to find out why this is happening. I saw a bunch of folks having the same issue on Steam that are also happening after the same updates.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Kindly let us know if your issue has been resolved or not.

If your issue is resolved, kindly click on agree.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi there,

I am having the similar problem. Was there a solution to this?

Bit defender caused my windows 10 to be in a constant loop of crashing. everytime I login to windows, immediately I would get popup error saying, 'windows could not start properly, will restart in 1 minute'. and it always happens.

How did I know it was bitdefender? I got frustrated and did a complete reset of windows 10. So no other apps installed. The moment I installed bitdefender, it have that error.

I uninstalled bitdefender, and my windows stop crashing.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited November 2020

Hi Member,

Well it may not be possible but still you can try and contact bitdefender support for this. Not possible because, bitdefender support does not deal with the free version of the product and redirects the free user to bitdefender forum instead.

Now, since you are facing issue which is resulting in BSOD, I guess you need to probe support to get it checked by the development team in best way you can.

Additionally, kindly share the logs with the support team:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1730/ (when bitdefender is not installed)

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/8919/ (when bitdefender is installed)

Collect the appropriate logs and drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi there,

I am currently running into the same issue. Managed to record the events and sent to BD support. Hope they can investigate and give me a solution as it is so frustrating.

Macsp

• Exactly i had this same issue, kindly tell me if you find some solutions.