What will "Fix Now" actually do?

Notifications shows the following vulnerabilities:

"We detected a change in your device's settings that allows users to modify security zone policies. Changing security zone policies may allow restricted pages to execute potentially malicious operations, thus, your device may be at risk".

and

"We detected a change in your device's settings that allows it to automatically perform sign-in using the last active user after Windows Update restarts. Performing the operation automatically implies saving the Windows user's credentials (including the user name, domain and encrypted password) locally, thus, your device and data may be exposed."

and there's more

"Vulnerability scan completed. Media autorun enabled. Media autorun option allows applications to automatically start when a removable media is inserted."

Could someone please advise me what BD will actually do if I click the Fix Now button?

Thanks

Answers

• If you click Fix Now button it will show you necessary step to fix the problem. If you don't want to change anything then ignore it.

• Thank you. I would have liked to have known which boxes BD ticked so to speak. I wouldn't want to find that they had made changes and as such I might NOT be able to log back into Windows.

I only started getting this notifications very recently, possibly with the new BD update (from Red to Blue).

• How about a mod advising me what what changes BD actually makes to my computer if I accept the changes AND a solution to revert back if I discover the changes are unwelcome/unworkable.

• Your answer doesn't appear totally correct to me. I just had the security zone setting notification, clicked "Fixit" after reading the above and it didn't show me anything. The warning went away and that was it. Also I totally agree with Monty statement "How about a mod advising me what what changes BD actually makes to my computer if I accept the changes AND a solution to revert back if I discover the changes are unwelcome/unworkable." I hate it when applications and programer believe they can make changes to my system without permission or notification of what's happening or a way to reverse it. Pisses me off and has for the last 35 years.

• Hi...You won't get a moderator on this forum. This new forum format seems to be strictly users helping users. Send BD an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com or perhaps try chat support.

• I have the same problem except when I click fix it it reappears right above it saying it's been changed again and needs fixed again... A little help please

• I'm having the same issue as thegarydale. It happens over and over when I click on Fix It.

• Same here! I click "Fix Issue" and menu rolls up which makes the user think Bitdefender has "fixed" the issue. But the next time my screen saver kicks in and I proceed to enter my Microsoft credentials, guess what? It lets me right in. HUGE F'N BUG RIGHT THERE!

• [{"insert":"Seems a bunch of us would like an answer. I always click Fit It and the next time I look at Notifications, it's back to Auto Run being enabled.\nWhy have the feature just to have it automatically switched back.\n"}]
  • So is there an answer to this?
    I have just received this as well, click fix, it goes, then it's back within 2 seconds.
    Is this a bug?
    Is this someone trying to hack my computer?
    Is this a web browser hack?
    Is this a software hack?
    Is it being blocked?
    Do I ignore it?