Uninstall and reinstall issues

I had an annoying constant message to reboot after the same update over and over so I decided to uninstall and reinstall. The uninstall had errors. I now try to reinstall but the system says that it is already installed. Bitdefender agent is still running and I can't figure out how to completely remove now so that I can reinstall. Also there are no bitdefender items listed in control panel under uninstall programs. Please help - I just want to completely reinstall the product.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Kindly perform below steps & see if this helps you in anyway.

1) Kindly uninstall bitdefender product & bitdefender agent.

2) Restart PC in safe mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode)

3) As soon as desktop opens, assuming your windows drive is C, open below things in run (windows icon + R) command one by one :

C:\Program Files (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\Program Files (x86) (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\ProgramData (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\Users\{your pc name}\AppData\Local (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

4) Open run command again and run below command one by one :

temp ,delete all the files in the folder

%temp% ,delete all the files in folder

prefetch ,delete all the files in folder

5) Restart your PC in general mode by unticking the option that you selected to run the system in safe mode and then click apply.

If the issue persists, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com and they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)