Bitdefender does not reinstall

y3boh
y3boh
edited January 2022 in Install & Updates

ITA:Tempo fa installai Bitdefender, antivirus ottimo, ma per sbaglio andai a eliminarlo. Provandolo a reinstallare, dopo  averlo riscaricato esce la scritta cannot copy installer. Ho provato in tutti i modi. Disinstallando il bitdefender agent, rimuovendo manualmente i file e tramite il programma di disintallazione, che mi dà errore. Vorrei riutilizzare bitdefender perchè mi ci trovavo benissimo..

ENG: Some time ago I installed Bitdefender, an excellent antivirus, but I accidentally deleted it. Trying to reinstall it, after having downloaded it the message cannot copy installer. I've tried all sorts of ways. Uninstalling the bitdefender agent, manually removing the files and using the uninstaller, which gives me an error. I would like to reuse bitdefender because I was fine with it ..

Comments

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

first, use the Bitdefender product removal tool that was installed on your device

website: - https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/uninstall_consumer_paid.html

then on the advice of member @Flexx

follow these steps

Kindly perform below steps & see if this helps you in anyway.

1. Restart PC in safe mode

2. As soon as desktop opens, assuming your windows drive is C, open below things in run (windows icon + R) command one by one :

C:\Program Files (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\Program Files (x86) (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\ProgramData (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\Users\{your pc name}\AppData\Local (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

3. Open run command again and run below command one by one :

temp ,delete all the files in the folder

%temp% ,delete all the files in folder

prefetch ,delete all the files in folder

4. Restart your PC in general mode by unticking the option that you selected to run the system in safe mode and then click apply.

Try to install Bitdefender antivirus again from bitdefender central