Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2021 Installation instead of Total Security 2021

Options
oclaudiu
oclaudiu ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Install & Updates

Good afternoon and Happy New Year!

On my account I've purchased BitDefender Total Security 9 months ago and today, BitDefender Antivirus Plus. I want to install BitDefender Antivirus Plus, but when I download installer, instead of Antivirus Plus it installs Total Security. I have three month remains of BitDefender Total Security. How can I force installer to install BitDefender Antivirus Plus instead of BitDefender Total Security ?

Thanks' very much !

Best Answer

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Hi Member,

There is no way to downgrade the security suite. Since the license key associated with bitdefender central is for BTS, hence you cannot use it for any other windows product. If you want to use BAV Plus, you will have to create a new central account with a 30 day trial of of BAV Plus.

The best you can do is to turn off the unnecessary options/ settings in BTS which are not important to you.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• oclaudiu
    Options

Thanks' for reply Flexx. Can I switch to BitDefender Antivirus Plus after expiration of Bitdefender Total Security ? Or, can I transfer the license for BitDefender Antivirus Plus to another account ?

• oclaudiu
    Options

Thanks' for reply Flex. BitDefender Antivirus Plus is already registered to my central account, beginning to January 1. I understand , after BTS expiration, I can install BitDefender Antivirus Plus.