Internet working fine on Wi-Fi, but cannot play videos or login to gaming platforms

I have a problem and think is related to BD. Basicly when I use my laptop with WI-FI I cannot connect to any gamming platform (steam or battlenet) nor see anykind of videos on youtube. It seams that something blocking the access this kind websites/service. my internet has good connection both Wi-Fi and cable, router has normal setup and all of this happend rather suddenly ( had no problem till today )

I tried different things nothing seams to work except when I turn on the Free VPN service from BitDefender, when I do that everything works fine again. Can anyone explain or give me some solutions? The other sistems I have in my house are working fine on the Wi-Fi ( phone, tablet, ect ) same Wi-Fi same setups, but with no BD on them.

Thanks in advance.

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Check what settings do you have for the firewall?

In the paragraph for the default application behavior

• Didn't work .. had to format computer. And I have this issue again. On a fresh windows, after installing BD i had a few days of normal use than, suddently, I have the same issue as written in the original post. I rly hate this :(. Laptop is a brand new Acer predator. I rly cant figure out why is this happening. I'm still assuming is BD antivirus that is doing smth. When I activate BD vpn everything works fine :S

• Ariusa
    Ariusa
    edited April 2021

Well i finally figure it out. After uninstalling programs one by one I came across a network program designed for gaming that was blocking my proper access internet. I have downloaded it form official Acer Predator app and it is called Killer Networking driver which was supposed to give me the correct drivers and have my networking working accordingly. As soon as I uninstalled it everything came back to normal.

This app/driver is designed of gaming, not sure what made it block my internet usage but if u have this issue on Acer laptops, uninstalling this app will fix it.

If u do want to keep your Killer Networking Software than the issue is described here: https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/no-internet-access-when-connected-affects-ethernet-and-or-wi-fi/

I didnt go for the fix, but I rather just uninstalled the app. Not a pro gamer.

So Bit-defender is working as intended and wasn't the issue.

I also want to thank the prompt support of Bitdefender team in regards to their product.