Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Install On 2nd Laptop

Options

Hi I'm a newbe here. I purchased BD 2008 3 user 2yr license and did 1 install in 11/07. I'm about to install BD on a 2nd laptop. This 2nd laptop only has a dial-up internet connection. Is there any way to avoid the BD update that will occur when this installion is done? Can I load the updates on a flash drive from another PC with a broadband connection? Can a new CDROM be purchased with all the current updates already there? I'm really trying to avoid a 3+ hour connect time if I do the install in the usual way. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello BHelms,

You can always cancel the update process on the ending of the installation. What I suggest is that you first download the latest installation package because otherwise you are still working with an older build that doesn't contain some fixes.

For BitDefender Antivirus 2008 look here. You need to open the folder of your country or language. There you can download the installation package.

BitDefender Internet Security 2008.

BitDefender Total Security 2008.

You can always download the virus and spyware signatures here.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello BHelms,

You can always cancel the update process on the ending of the installation. What I suggest is that you first download the latest installation package because otherwise you are still working with an older build that doesn't contain some fixes.

For BitDefender Antivirus 2008 look here. You need to open the folder of your country or language. There you can download the installation package.

BitDefender Internet Security 2008.

BitDefender Total Security 2008.

You can always download the virus and spyware signatures here.

Best regards

Niels

Hi Niels,

Can I download all those files to a broadband connected machine flashdrive and then install the product from the flashdrive onto the dial-up laptop using the registration key I originally purchased? Would the install process then still try to update all the files? Thanks.

BHelms

• Niels
    Options

Hello BHelms,

Yes can store the latest installer package and the update packages on a flash disk. If you didn't used the license key on too many pc's or laptops than yes you can use it. BitDefender will always try to update on the end of the installation but you can always cancel it. Keep in mind that are only virus and spyware signatures that you can download there so bug fixes aren't included.

Kind regards,

Niels