Why Are All Settingd Greyed Out?

ver 19.2.0.142. Installed, validated (1 year) and updated.

Even with AutoPilot off, all settings are greyed out! Why?

How do I get the control back to change settings?

Example: I want to turn on-access off for 5 min to install genuine drivers and BIOS. I cannot change ANY settings!?

Aloke

Comments

• Hiya,

I don't know why they are grayed out but they shouldn't be. Maybe run a repair to Bitdefender from the Control Panel and see if that sorts it?

Ro.

• That did not help. However, I see a pattern.

This is on a Windows 10 64 bit system

Restarted the pc under a Admin account

I uninstalled using BD uninstaller tool.

Restarted the pc under a Admin account

Installed BDTS, registered and updated it.

I can change settings

Restarted PC under a "Normal user" account. I prefer to use the PC normally under this account and not the one with Admin privileges.

The settings are greyed out

Ran BDTS as an Administrator (by right-clicking the icon on the desktop).

I can change settings.

Conclusion: To change settings, run BDTS GUI as an Administrator. Note that there is no way to do this from the icon in the Taskbar.

I don't know if this is a feature or a bug. Also, I haven't explored all other aspects of BDTS that gets affected by running it under a Normal account.

Aloke

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015

Thank you, that is a useful piece of information. It stands to reason that you should not allow other users, apart from the Administrator, to be able to change settings on the antivirus. :)

Ro.

• vedlos
    edited August 2015

Hi,

I have a similar problem with BD Antivirus Plus 2015 on Windows 7 with the Advanced Options in System and Quick Scan configuration. I'd like to perform one quick scan every day, but I don't want to have to see the results window and then close it unless there is a problem. But the Advance Options tab is all greyed out. Only creating a new custom task are those options accesible, but I don't want to customize a new scan (I wouldn't know what to scan), I just want System and Quick scans to run by themselves and forget about them unless something happens.

After four days working on my problem I was told by Customer Care that "you cannot disable the scan window of Bitdefender". Then a thorough explanation on how to create a customized scan task.

So I just saw this thread and thought maybe someone has a solution or a workaround... I think there is something worse for a program than lacking a feature: showing it greyed out.

Thanks anyway!

(BTW, I'm already running BD as an administrator)

• I need to do a Repair and Install Windows10 but cannot disable Bitdefender as Advanced options in Antivirus are greyed out. Will I have to uninstall to get round this ?
  • I thought I had already done this but I cannot see my comment so will repeat it.

I need to do a Repair and Install on Windows 10 but cannot disable Bitdefender as Advanced Options in Antivirus Protection are greyed out. Will I have to uninstall ? I am logged in with an Administrator Account.