Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Parental Control Advanced Warning To End User affected by ScreenTime / Schedule time

It's very frustrating for the kids doing something on the computer to suddenly be kicked off the device (here being the computer), without being able to save their work in progress. This results in me having to disable the screen time for 5 minutes so they can go back and save whatever they are doing (or shutoff specific program).

One way to resolve this is to be able to specify when to show advanced warning notification to the end user that the screen time is about to end. The specified minutes can be either be from a predefined list, or can be manually entered. It would also be nice to allow me as a parent to specify a certain number of values (up to 3?). This way the kids can get something like 30 min/15min/5 min warning notifications before they are kicked off, giving them plenty of time to save/finish whatever they are doing.

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Having the same problem here... computer being locked without any warning is extremely frustrating.

• same here. there doesn't seem to have been a lot of thought put into this app?

a clock counting down from 5 minutes to go would greatly help.

also, the restricted website list is comprehensive. so much so it's more like universal. i tried to access the bbc's children's website and that was blocked...!!!

• Hello @mc5 and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I have forwarded your suggestions to our development teams for analysis. Indeed, the screen time option does not feature a counter as a warning and this would prove very useful for the users.

Keep in mind that you can also use the Schedule option, if more suitable for your needs. A schedule is a period of time in the day when your child can't use any of the assigned devices (ex. at bedtime). In a schedule, devices will be paused.

There is a predefined list of categories for the websites you wish to restrict, but you can also manually allow or block specific URLs. You can find out more at the link below:

Bitdefender Parental Control is designed to work across all major platforms: Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, however, as each system has its own limitations, some of the features might not function on all platforms.

Your contributions and ideas are always welcome and please feel free to share with us any other suggestions that come to mind in the future.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Any update on getting a warning prior to getting kicked off (logged out)? 2 years later and this seems to be a must have to me!