A Icon For Trouble With Anti Virus

cowboyspeedy
edited September 2011 in Feature request

hello people from bitdefender

it can maybe my mistake but i can not see when there is a problem with bitdefender 2012

because when there was a problem with bitdefender 2011 then the icon turned black by the clock from windows

and if i have a problem with bitdefeder now there is nothing

because the 2011 version then you could see it verry good when you had a problem

Comments

• Indeed. Some indication outside the home screen that 'there are critical issues to fix' would be very welcome.

• i hope more people reply on this topic for that and maybe then they will changed it i hope

if it is possible

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi

Please note that if something happened with the product installed on your machines, the Bitdefender system tray icon changes from red+white "B" to yellow or black.

You can still monitor the activity on the product in this way.

Thank you.

• cowboyspeedy
    edited October 2011

that is true but the change is so minimal that if you don't specialy watch at it you don't notice that

and in the 2011 version when somthing was wrong the the anti virus scanner it turned hole black

and that is a change wich you see verry quick

and the last time a saw a change in the icon it was not so great to see

because the icon was only a little bit more red that was all

i discoverd it that something was wrong because i klikt on the icon instead of the one i wanted

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi

Your request has been noted and sent to our development team. I cannot guarantee you that it will be approved.

Have a nice day.

• JaaSwb
    edited October 2011
    Hi

Please note that if something happened with the product installed on your machines, the Bitdefender system tray icon changes from red+white "B" to yellow or black.

You can still monitor the activity on the product in this way.

Thank you.

On my pc (running Bitdefender Antivirus Plus on Windows 7 64 bit), it does not do so consistently. I currently have 'yellow' problems, but the B didn't turn yellow until I opened the settings screen and turned on-access scanning off and on.

EDIT: It seems that having Auto Pilot on prevents the icon from changing. Turning AP back on turned it back into red/white despite 'yellow' issues.

• Hi

Your request has been noted and sent to our development team. I cannot guarantee you that it will be approved.

Have a nice day.

thanks for your reply

i hope the can and wil make the change :huh:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

Hi

To be honest, I do miss the the Activity Bar because it was a unique feature in the industry. All other AV products use the Windows gadgets bar to display some information.

I will try to convince the Dev Team to reintroduce it in the product. No promises and no ETA for now.

Thank you for your feedback. Have a nice day.

• hi

i hope you are sucsesful with your quest for the icon

because i think there are lots more people wo think the same like us to

• Hi cowboyspeedy

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a nice day.

• 11/27//21

Bitdefender Total Security lower right icon turns black and white. Did restart as suggested. IT came back as red then went to black and white. Called Bitdefender as suggested and they said if it continues uninstall/reinstall. They think its a server problem.

My question is while on the internet and it turns black and white am I still protected? My logic thinks no.

• 11/27/21

Bitdefender Total Security icon (lower right at clock) intermittently turn black then turns back to red. Did a restart and same problem. Called Bitdefender as suggested and they said if it continues to uninstall the reinstall. Gonna wait and see if it happens again. Bitdefender agent said it could be a server problem.