Really needs resolution: Updates disconnect me from online gaming

Since Sept 2021 the updates cause me to lose my connection to the online game Runescape. The timestamps for the updates correspond exactly to when I lose the each connection to the game and it happens every half an hour! This is unacceptable. I haven't received any responses to this problem since I first posted it and I see now that you are offering to update my account to a paid version. I will not update if this really annoying problem is not resolved. Basically, I have been resorting to turning off the virus protection to play uninterrupted. I may as well uninstall it at this point if you do not respond with a fix or at least an assurance that you are looking into the matter.
Sorry.
Thanks.

Comments

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Hi, @CloudNebula

have you tried activating the "Games" profile? This profile has settings where you can set what functions will be performed while you are in the game. Forgive me, I'm not fond of games, so I can only give a guess.

good holidays to you.

• Hello @CloudNebula,

In addtion to what Alex wrote above, I would also recommend configuring the update settings as shown in the screenshot below:

Kindly be advised that, the Free Edition for Windows computers will be withdrawn as of December 2021. After this month, Bitdefender Antivirus Free will be officially discontinued and will no longer be available for download, as it will reach its End of Life.

Let us know if the Game Profile and Update settings made a difference and solved the issue.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user