Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What is the future of the Bitdefender box ?

Options
jnq35
jnq35
edited February 2022 in Bitdefender Box

Hello all, what can we expect in the next bitdefender box ?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jnq35 and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender is committed to delivering innovative, effective security solutions to our customers. As technologies and threats evolve, Bitdefender continues to proactively develop and shape its solution set. The resulting new solutions and feature modifications often lead to a need to discontinue older software revisions and products.

Sadly, the Bitdefender BOX2 was the last of its kind and there are no future plans to develop a third version.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• MoMiek
    Options
    Hello @Alexandru_BD , that's sad indeed. I have been using BOX2 for a year now. How long can I safely use it?
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

The BOX is safe to use as long as it runs an active subscription.

The product has not yet reached its end of life, it's just that there are no intentions to develop a successor.

An official announcement will be made one year before its retirement.

Cheers and stay safe.

• MoMiek
    Options
    Thank you for your answer @Alexandru_BD . I will keep an eye on the website. Actually, I hope that the people you know have a box get an email.
    Greetings
  • jnq35
    Options

Sad news effectively. Why don't you want made a new device ? It is a very good material solution to protect all you devices and conect object. You have made netgear solution with netgear apparmor too.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@jnq35 well, it's not necessary that there is no desire to have it made, as it has been one of the bestsellers after all, and I understand that this decision may dissapoint some of the users.

I believe one of the main reasons behind this is the fact that product resources and developers are now focused on other programs and you are right to assume that Netgear is one of them.

• RBD
    Options
    My Box subscription is due to expire next week.
    It looks like the best option for future proofing would be to move to the Netgear Armor but I'm confused by this model...

In the UK, I can buy a Netgear wifi router that is compatible with Armor - but it says it comes with a 30 day trial.
    https://store.netgear.co.uk/product/rax30-100eus

So I'm buying a netgear router and then (after 30 days) paying for a yearly subscription to Armor - which is a BitDefender product that runs on the router - like the Box did?

Is that basically correct?
  • jnq35
    Options

Yes it is but you can renew you subcription to the bytedefender box because the end is not for the next week but by the end of these year. You will receive a mail on month befaore the end of the bitedefender box.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

All Armor-compatible Netgear routers come with a 30-day trial, and if the customer decides they want to buy it, they can do so after 30 days.

Cheers.

• Give us a discount on the 1 year subscription since there are promotions on your different products except on the box!!

• MoMiek
    Options
    @RBD I understand that the Orbi satellite, connected to a router, has the same function as the BB2.
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

It is convenient for customers who already own a compatible NETGEAR router, and are looking to protect their smart home environment against intrusions without purchasing another piece of equipment. For more information about this, you can visit https://www.bitdefender.com/netgear/

Best regards.