Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't install/remove/uninstall Total Security

Options

My automatic update for Total Security kept switching itself off silently and randomly. On the advice of tech support, I ran the re-installation through appwiz.cpl. The re-install failed. I cannot install, uninstall, clean, or repair now so don't know what to do. Is there a manual path to removing the product from my system? Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Steve1976 and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear this.

If the uninstall process fails and Bitdefender cannot be removed, download and run the uninstall tool corresponding to your Bitdefender version from this location:

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Steve1976
    Options

The uninstall tool also fails with an error. I need the manual process at this point to strip everything out.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I am sorry to hear this.

I think the best approach here would be to have the engineers take a closer look, as it is difficult to identify the root cause based on the information available so far. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Steve1976,

I understand, thank you for sharing the solution with us. I am glad to hear the situation was resolved.

In regards to the response timeframe of the Support Teams, I think they have received quite an increased number of requests in this period and some delays in processing may occur. But they will always provide an answer.

Your insight will also help other members that may encounter this inconvenience.

Best regards.