Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Enabling Existing Win 7 BitDefender on my New Win 10 Drive

Options
I've had BitDefender since about 2012, and I finally installed Win 10 on a new drive (the old one was too small and I don't like just upgrading on top).

At the moment, I can boot into Win 10 or Win 7 by changing boot priority in the BIOS.

But how to I move my BD install on to the new disk? Ultimately, I will wipe the old disk.

Many Thanks

Answers

• Utterly Disillusioned
    edited March 2022
    Options
    DOH! How did I post that twice?
    :o
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Utterly Disillusioned,

You can uninstall Bitdefender from that device following the steps described here and also remove the device from Bitdefender Central. The device must be removed from Central in order to free up the slot. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Afterwards, using your Windows 10 device, follow the steps described in this article, just like a normal installation:

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you so much for the reply, but I managed to get hold of Live Text Chat, and they told me the same thing.

I have a licence for up to five "devices", so there was no need to ever remove the old drive at all.

But after removing the "device" (My Win 7 drive), none of the alleged options were available.

There was no MY DEVICES as I had just removed the one and only "device" on my account.

There was no ADD DEVICE, presumably because you cannot "ADD" a Device when there are no "devices" listed and no MY DEVICES to click on. Enabling BDTS on a drive for the "first" time is not "ADDING" a "device", it is ENABLING a "device" "for the first time", it seems.

But I managed to get it sorted out anyway, eventually, and I now have BitDefender Total Security on my new Win 10 hard drive.

I can still boot into Win 7 or Win 10 by changing priority in the BIOS. But if I ever do that again, I certainly will not connect to the internet as I now have no BDTS on that drive.

Many Thanks