Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Needs Administrative Password to Update

Options
Dean2
edited March 2022 in Install & Updates

I have bot Admin and User accounts setup on Windows 10 Pro machines and BitDefender Total Security is always asking for the admin password to perform an update. I do not want the users to know the admin password so how do I configure the software to update without this?

Answers

• I also have this issue. I have Bitdefender installed on my mother's laptop but I can only manage it remotely. My mother's user account is a standard user for security reasons, but this prevents Bitdefender from updating. This is rather annoying since it means that every time she turns it on I'll need to log in remotely just to type in my password. The only other option is to leave the system outdated. Of course, since Bitdefender is an antivirus, I can't even force the update service to log in as an admin because it's locked down.

Bitdefender, please fix this.

• Dean2
    Options

Same thing here, I remote in to service the computers but not on a regular basis. Giving the user the admin password is out of the question. It just can't be done without serious and continued headaches. I have to remote in and check almost 20 machines and that is a real pain, not to mention an expense to the client they don't need to have.

• Norris69
    Options

This is rather annoying since it means that every time she turns it on I'll need to log in remotely just to type in my password.

• Dean2
    Options

Doesn't look like they want to answer this question! That's disappointing to say the least... I am not looking forward to having to replace BitDefender. I've used it for years now and trust it. Damned shame...